Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Tomorrow should be good, but Robbo sort the hair out....please. Agree with Angles that Selby has a slight edge but will be close.

Am I the only one who much prefers his natural hair? He does look a little bit like he's just come off the set of neighbours in the 90s though.

Why would you prefer his natural hair ?!? :? :| :hmmm:
He looks like a sheep <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Win or lose you can tell Judd’s gonna be absolutely scathing about conditions <laugh>

There's nobody like Ronnie, almost never complains, adapts to any condition, in fact he sees it as a challenge.

Tell Crawley that.

Also China, he's moaned about conditions there before.

And Cardiff.

And Milton Keynes.

https://www.mkfm.com/news/local-news/sn ... -lockdown/

Postby Holden Chinaski

Every time Judd loses it's because his opponent was 'lucky'. If anyone is a spoiled brat, it's him. He's the flukiest player on tour but he keeps going on about having bad luck and he doesn't even congratulate his opponent. What a div.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Every time Judd loses it's because his opponent was 'lucky'. If anyone is a spoiled brat, it's him. He's the flukiest player on tour but he keeps going on about having bad luck and he doesn't even congratulate his opponent. What a div.

Bad sportsmanship from The Duke Of Fluke.

Postby mick745

The way itv4 built the game up Barry Hawkins was the biggest outsider ever in the history of the game, and Trump was the hottest favourite.

Hawkins was always capable of winning, he has beaten all the top players in the past, regularly too, and was the 8th best performer of the season til now.

Trump seemed to be downbeat about his chances in the pre-match interviews also.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:buck it.

This is a good match, but I am going to bed. Sore throat.

Hope you feel better tomorrow. :hatoff:

A bit. Didn't sleep great.

I'll get there.

:hatoff:

Postby McManusFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Tomorrow should be good, but Robbo sort the hair out....please. Agree with Angles that Selby has a slight edge but will be close.

Am I the only one who much prefers his natural hair? He does look a little bit like he's just come off the set of neighbours in the 90s though.

And what's wrong with that? Sheep are beutiful, noble and, above all, delicious creatures.

Postby Reg Varney

Holden Chinaski wrote:Every time Judd loses it's because his opponent was 'lucky'. If anyone is a spoiled brat, it's him. He's the flukiest player on tour but he keeps going on about having bad luck and he doesn't even congratulate his opponent. What a div.

Does he ever tap the table when an opponent plays a good shot either? Can't remember ever seeing him do that. Compare that to the likes of O'Sullivan, Higgins, Selby, Robertson etc. who always acknowledge an opponent's good shot.

Anyway, I remember another poster pointing out that the three biggest ranking events were Worlds, UK and Tour Championship Finals, the three biggest invitationals being the Masters, the Champion of Champions and Shanghai. OK, Shanghai has been off the map this year, but anything less than winning the Worlds and that will be another season of cleaning up in the secondary/tin pot events yet failing in the events that count.

Postby McManusFan

Reg Varney wrote:

Does he ever tap the table when an opponent plays a good shot either? Can't remember ever seeing him do that. Compare that to the likes of O'Sullivan, Higgins, Selby, Robertson etc. who always acknowledge an opponent's good shot.

Anyway, I remember another poster pointing out that the three biggest ranking events were Worlds, UK and Tour Championship Finals, the three biggest invitationals being the Masters, the Champion of Champions and Shanghai. OK, Shanghai has been off the map this year, but anything less than winning the Worlds and that will be another season of cleaning up in the secondary/tin pot events yet failing in the events that count.

I'm sure I've seen him tap the table before, I'm sure he did in the world final against Higgins in 2019.

Postby Dragonfly

Didn't see Trump v Hawkins. So did not see post match interview. But going on what people are saying here, it doesn't surprise me one bit. Trump might be a fine snooker player, but he has always come across as a spoiled,arrogant and not likeable person. And a poor sportsman.

Postby badtemperedcyril

McManusFan wrote:

No, I too prefer it. It could do with a trim, when covid permits, but the curls are rather cute. Makes him look younger too, I reckon.

Postby badtemperedcyril

McManusFan wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:

I'm sure I've seen him tap the table before, I'm sure he did in the world final against Higgins in 2019.

No, it was 2011.

Postby Iranu

Judd tapped the table in frame one or two yesterday. He does it very, very rarely, though.

However I don’t think that’s necessarily about respect. Ding almost never taps the table either, and apparently it was a rare sight in the 80s.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Judd tapped the table in frame one or two yesterday. He does it very, very rarely, though.

However I don’t think that’s necessarily about respect. Ding almost never taps the table either, and apparently it was a rare sight in the 80s.

It wasn’t really a thing in the eighties; players often would join in with the applause from their chairs.

Postby Sickpotter

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd tapped the table in frame one or two yesterday. He does it very, very rarely, though.

It wasn’t really a thing in the eighties; players often would join in with the applause from their chairs.

IMO it's a little more cutthroat today with the professional tour having a larger field and most aren't mates.

Just my match play thinking but I wouldn't compliment or acknowledge a good shot from an opponent during a match, I see no reason to feed their confidence. After the match you should pay respect to your opponent but during you should never do anything to help your opponent.

Postby Johnny Bravo

McManusFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

And what's wrong with that? Sheep are beutiful, noble and, above all, delicious creatures.

Sheep are not beautiful and their meat is bad tasting.

Postby McManusFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree, love a bit of lamb me.

Postby Dragonfly

I wouldn't be too bothered about the tapping on the table thing. What's annoying about Trump is he is just so reluctant to say anything positive about his opposition after a match. It's always stuff about the run of the balls and how he didn't play well himself. Is it really so hard to say yeah he played really well and outplayed me today.

Postby McManusFan

Dragonfly wrote:I wouldn't be too bothered about the tapping on the table thing. What's annoying about Trump is he is just so reluctant to say anything positive about his opposition after a match. It's always stuff about the run of the balls and how he didn't play well himself. Is it really so hard to say yeah he played really well and outplayed me today.

You'd be lucky if you got him to admit he played bad, he's always just unlucky these days...
It's a shame really, as he's become such a good player these last few years, putting that ball basher stuff behind him. He showed flashes of that great skill in the match against Barry, but just missed too many.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree, love a bit of lamb me.

lamb and mutton are great.

Postby TheRocket

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Can the top four rankings change in anyway after this tournament is done ? Can Robertson jump to third? Someone do the maths lol.

Yes. If Robertson wins the tournament he'll jump to third and surpass Selby. Which would quite make a difference at the Worlds. Top half looks tougher and Robbo as the fourth seed would be tophalf. So he could move to the easier bottom half should he win the tournament.

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

TheRocket wrote:
BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Can the top four rankings change in anyway after this tournament is done ? Can Robertson jump to third? Someone do the maths lol.

Yes. If Robertson wins the tournament he'll jump to third and surpass Selby. Which would quite make a difference at the Worlds. Top half looks tougher and Robbo as the fourth seed would be tophalf. So he could move to the easier bottom half should he win the tournament.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated.