Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Prop

Bad form not to at least congratulate his opponent. But to call Barry lucky after what we’ve seen tonight is utter crap.

Postby 1892

In all seriousness, another “big” tournament bypasses Judd.

Not taking anything away from him, 5 rankers this season after 6 last is impressive. However, if he doesn’t win the WC then he should probably consider this season to be disappointing as far as majors goes.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think this defeat actually might increase Trumps chances at the Worlds. A kick in the butt at the right time. He'll work hard and try to put that right. In 2019 he won the Worlds after suffering a painful defeat in this tournament.

Yep, suffering a painful defeat can make you focus even more on the next tournament.

He'll be the main man to beat there.

Yeah Judd said that of the loss to Ronnie at the 2019 TC didn’t he?

yes he did indeed.

it will take someone playing very well there to beat him.

Postby TheRocket

Trump doesnt do himself a favour with his post match interviews. For sure there are matches where you have a rubbish run of the balls but in this match it didnt play any role. Nor did it against Bingham.

I never understand why he just cant say he played poorly.

Postby 1892

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should beat Hawkins no doubt, but it doesnt always work like that.

Will be tough.

Very tough test in the final as well should he get there. Would prefer to see him play Robbo.

Postby Ck147

Tomorrow should be good, but Robbo sort the hair out....please. Agree with Angles that Selby has a slight edge but will be close.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:Robbo to peak again and beat Selby for the fourth time this season.

Hope so :)

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Robbo to peak again and beat Selby for the fourth time this season.

I'm going with Selby. Revenge for his 3 previous losses, and reaching first ITV Final.

Postby Acé

I knew this would happen said it before Judd was looking shaky but Judd's done for the Worlds, yeah he'll go in as the defacto favourite but will crash out QF or sooner, he peaks too early in the season and focuses a lot on the lesser events that compromises the bigger events

he needs to take a chill from these best of 7 events that he blitzes through

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Trump doesnt do himself a favour with his post match interviews. For sure there are matches where you have a rubbish run of the balls but in this match it didnt play any role. Nor did it against Bingham.

I never understand why he just cant say he played poorly.

He reckons he’s had bad luck for the last two years, remember.

Maybe he needs to feel like he’s succeeding in the face of adversity :shrug:

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:Tomorrow should be good, but Robbo sort the hair out....please. Agree with Angles that Selby has a slight edge but will be close.

Am I the only one who much prefers his natural hair? He does look a little bit like he's just come off the set of neighbours in the 90s though.

Postby Acé

In all fairness he's not looked in good shape since the World Grand prix december 2020, was extremely lucky to win the German Masters from 5-1 down to Barry, he's only had 1 good run and that was in...Gibraltar

Postby TheRocket

Acé wrote:I knew this would happen said it before Judd was looking shaky but Judd's done for the Worlds, yeah he'll go in as the defacto favourite but will crash out QF or sooner, he peaks too early in the season and focuses a lot on the lesser events that compromises the bigger events

He isnt done for the Worlds. Remember 2019. He had a tough defeat in this tournament, then lost to Robbie Williams at the China Open and some people thought his good run came to an end but it didnt. It just started.

Once the World Championship starts everything what happened before will be forgotten pretty much.
Last edited by TheRocket on 26 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 1892

Acé wrote:I knew this would happen said it before Judd was looking shaky but Judd's done for the Worlds, yeah he'll go in as the defacto favourite but will crash out QF or sooner, he peaks too early in the season and focuses a lot on the lesser events that compromises the bigger events

I agree with that TheRocket said earlier. I think this defeat will give him a kick up the bottom and he will have a decent rest now for a few weeks before Sheffield and he will go into it confident.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:

I'm going with Selby. Revenge for his 3 previous losses, and reaching first ITV Final.

I think you may be right, if Robbo doesn't wear his black shirt tomorrow he's done for.

Postby Acé

TheRocket wrote:He isnt done for the Worlds. Remember 2019. He had a tough defeat in this tournament, then lost to Robbie WIlliams at the China Open and some people thought his good run came to an end but it didnt. It just started.

Once the World Championship starts everything what happened before will be forgotten pretty much.

Judd was in better form in 2019 compared to 2021 he hasn't looked impressive at all apart from the Gibraltar run since Christmas

He also lost the tour champs last year and lost at the Worlds so don't see much of a connection, it's more about form

He prolly should've lost to Tom Ford last year at the Worlds. I know it when I see it but his form has been tailing off in the latter/ final quarter of the season

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Tomorrow should be good, but Robbo sort the hair out....please. Agree with Angles that Selby has a slight edge but will be close.

Am I the only one who much prefers his natural hair? He does look a little bit like he's just come off the set of neighbours in the 90s though.

Probably. It was OK in the 90's when Kylie and Craig McLachlan did it, but not so much now. He must pay a fortune to have it professionally straightened and coloured...when we're not in lockdown.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:

Nah it’d look good with a trim. Better than his blonde Lego Man look.

Postby Acé

1892 wrote:

I agree with that TheRocket said earlier. I think this defeat will give him a kick up the bottom and he will have a decent rest now for a few weeks before Sheffield and he will go into it confident.

Dude he had like a 3 month rest last year lol and came in shaky as hell it was a miracle he even reached the QF

the pressure is different when it comes to these big events, best of 7 events he flies through I mean you can see the difference in confidence/form between certain events
Last edited by Acé on 26 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

Nah it’d look good with a trim. Better than his blonde Lego Man look.

Blonde Lego man look is all the rage these days, was thinking about getting it done myself.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Higgins vs Williams potential second round clash at the Crucible.

Really? What a great match that would be. MJW is playing some good stuff, so has all the makings of being a cracker.

I only hope for one thing... if Bingham qualifies, he doesn't draw one of those top players, but instead a lesser top 16 seed. He could easily spoil things for a top player.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Higgins vs Williams potential second round clash at the Crucible.

Really? What a great match that would be. MJW is playing some good stuff, so has all the makings of being a cracker.

I only hope for one thing... if Bingham qualifies, he doesn't draw one of those top players, but instead a lesser top 16 seed. He could easily spoil things for a top player.

Bingham has a dismal record of qualifying for the tournament hes gone through that 16 times before and got through 5 times

Postby Andre147

But there's a major difference Wild...

Back when Bingham had to qualify, he wasn't a top player, hadn't won anything yet. Last time he had to qualify was 11 years ago wasn't it? Look at the player he has become now. I don't think he'll have many problems to qualify, he will likely have Luca Brecel in the final qualifying round, but Luca isn't playing well himself so I'd be surprised if Bingham doesn't qualify.

Postby Johnny Bravo

1892 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should beat Hawkins no doubt, but it doesnt always work like that.

Will be tough.

Very tough test in the final as well should he get there. Would prefer to see him play Robbo.

Me too. I hope Robbo sends the grinder packing. In their last few meetings, Robbo has got the better of him.