Post a reply

WST Pro Series 2nd Stage !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 17th of March - Saturday 20th of March at Stadium MK, Milton Keynes

After 16 Days and over 900 Frames we are finally down to the last 32 put that in to context at the Crucible if every match goes to a decider 705 frames would have been played in 17 days.

The Biggest surprise bar non was Ronnie O'Sullivan is out having finished bottom of his Group.

But there are top 16 players still in the event Kyren Wilson, Jack Lisowski, Stuart Bingham, Shaun Murphy, Barry Hawkins, Mark Williams, Mark Selby and Judd Trump and a few surprises non more so than Ben Hancorn through to his first Last 32 in a ranking tournament (i use that term with a pinch of salt).

Who will reach the Final Group?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: WST Pro Series 1st Stage !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:Mark Williams and Ali Carter favourite to get through the group today.

Martin O'Donnell is proving very stubborn. A lot depends on how O'Donnell deals with Williams and Carter

Re: WST Pro Series 2nd Stage !!!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Mark Williams beats Carter 2-0, he's won his first 3 matches so far.
O'Donnell has also won his first 3 matches.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:Mark Williams beats Carter 2-0, he's won his first 3 matches so far.

Next Match for Carter is in fact O'Donnell that has become must win for Carter now

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Mark Williams beats Carter 2-0, he's won his first 3 matches so far.

Next Match for Carter is in fact O'Donnell that has become must win for Carter now

No problem for the 12th greatest player of all time.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No problem for the 12th greatest player of all time.

Yea what a load of tosh that is

Postby Wildey

Martin O'Donnell beats Mark Williams and puts himself in a great position to get to the final Group with matches against Akani and Hancorn to come.

Postby Juddernaut88

Mark Williams and Ali Carter advance to the next stage, Carter wins the group with 18 points, 3 players ended up with 15 points but Mark Williams finishes 2nd as he had the better frame difference.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:Carter seems to be in good form recently. One to avoid in the first round at the Crucible (should he qualify).

Yes, its likely i’ll be wataching the other table when he’s on too <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Ben Woollaston beats Kyren Wilson 2-1.

You can't catch your breath.

Is Kyren better then Carter? Obviously currently yes as Kyren is in the top 6 of the rankings but career wise has Kyren had a more succesuful career over Carter so far? for me I would say yes!

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is Kyren better then Carter? Obviously currently yes as Kyren is in the top 6 of the rankings but career wise has Kyren had a more succesuful career over Carter so far? for me I would say yes!

Behave :no:

We all know Carter is one of the top 12 players in the world.

EVER.

It's been scientifically proven. <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Behave :no:

We all know Carter is one of the top 12 players in the world.

EVER.

It's been scientifically proven. <ok>

But it is a load of rubbish >-(

Postby Juddernaut88

Kyren Wilson and Xiao Guodong finish top 2 and qualify. They both end with 15 points, Ben Woollaston finished 3rd with 15 points, missing out due to frame difference.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:Kyren Wilson and Xiao Guodong finish top 2 and qualify. They both end with 15 points, Ben Woollaston finished 3rd with 15 points, missing out due to frame difference.

There's a big jump between Winner and Runner up of a Group £2,500 winning one match 2-1 instead of 2-0 was the difference in this group.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Latest Think Pink overall leaderboard:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10144&p=831651#p831651

Think of all the animals you've ever heard about
Like rhinoceroses and tigers, cats and mink
There are lots of funny animals in all this world
But have you ever seen a panther that is pink?
Think!
A panther that is positively pink.