Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Final !!!

Postby TheRocket

will be interesting to see in the near future if this was more of a 'Higgins just had an unbelievable week moment' or if he is really able to produce that level consistently. If he has, he has a real shot at winning the WC even though I still have doubts that he has the stamina over 17 days.

The Tour Championship will tell more. Because he'd probably have to beat Ronnie in the quarters, Judd in the semis and Selby or Robertson in the final.

Postby gallantrabbit

I find this ultra analysis of Ronnie a little perplexing. To my mind he's just an antagonist who will NEVER do what people expect for the sheer hell of it. Take yesterday for example. After the way they both played this week that should have been one of the best finals ever. Ronnie showed up and refused to participate, except in brief flashes. Everyone thinks he respects Higgins so he just turns up to show he doesn't.
The way Higgins played last week he was probably slight favorite anyway. I'm not sure the shorter bridge was the major factor. More likely the 101% concentration he gave to even the simplest of shots.
It's a shame because that type of game should be for fans to savour. People's champion? <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

JOHN HAGGIS (SCO) 10 - 3 RONNIE O'DUMPLING (ENG). :happy: :-D

SUUUUUUUUPER BRAW STUFF FAE THE WIZARD OF WISHAW!!!.

The whole o the tourney he played great,bar of course in a few frames.

Round 1 he WHITEWASHED the fresh crowned Welsh Open Champ,The Strangler.

POINTS made: 626 to Browns 92.

In the first 3 frames he rattled in centurys,a *122*,then a *133* followed by a *121*.

In The 1/4 Final,he WHITEWASHED his opponent again,this time Mark Selby was the victim .

At Mark he threw FIVE 60+ breaks,1 bein a century,a *100* and he almost totaly froze him out.Potted brilliant,played brilliant saftey play,long potting was top.

In that match,points made ended up bein 546,Mark only had a weeeeeee 7!.

This is the lowest number of points a player has scored in a best-of-11 ever!.

In his Semi-Final match,he did,nt quite manage to WHITEWASH his opponent,BUT,he gave him a bl**dy good hiding!.

He yet again,froze his opponent out for most of the match,played yet again brilliant in almost all depts of the game.

He chucked FIVE 50+ers at The Warrior.

And he managed to have a total of 477 pts,Kyren had 177.

In frame 5,John came back to pinch the frame by 1 pt,after Kyren made a 65 break.

And in the Final,he trounced Ronnie 10-3!.

In that match John made EIGHT 50+ers,3 of them were Centuries.

The Ronster made three 50+ers,2 were centuries.

And in that match,John ended up have a tally of 953 Pts,as to Ronnie havin 432.

Aye,Ronnie did,nt turn up,was country miles off his absolute best,but i,ve lost count of how many times many of his opponents didnae turn up.

Who,s knows if he would,ve won,if he had of played matchplay snooker and had,nt of taken on so many tough pots,but one can speculate on countless of matches,situations,just like goin on about the if,s n buts,should haves,should,nt haves etc,but he chose to go for many tough pots and he did,nt get em.

He went for a good few too many,pushed the Aircraft Carrier out,and it got very badly destroyed!.

As Wildey wrote,he tried,or better said,he did that tactic on Selby at the Worlds,especially in the last few frames,it paid off there,but backfired against John yesterday.Bein able to pull off tough pots,numerous tough pots,involves of course a very high risk factor,especially when there extreme pressure ones,like the few he took on against Selby at the Worlds,in which he got,but that tactic,of course canny go well all the time,but thats the high risk he took.

Ronnie had a good few chances in the very 1st frame,but blew em.

Some other points of note:In frame 7,instead of playin safe on the yellow,he tried a very tough double to the green bag,it,dearly cost him,as John ended up winning that frame.One can speculate,if he,d of played safe,he might of ended up winnin the frame,in which he would of <only> been 5-2 behind,instead 6-1.

In the Evening Session,in the 9th frame,he blobbed an easyish black,which again cost him dearly and in the 12th frame,he played a poor safety,in which Great auld John punished him again for makin the error.

What an incedible tourney it was for John.

He won 28 frames and only lost 4!!!!.

He knocked a total of 8 centuries!.

Played brilliant in all depts of the game,(bar positional play,which was of course sometimes brilliant,but was more ok,mediocre,good most of the time).

He WHITEWASHED 2 opponents,Gave The Warrior a good hiding and trounced The Ronster!. :happy:

MANY MANNNNY CONGRATS TO THE GREAT,AULD,WIZARD OF WISHAW,JOHN HIGGINS!.

:win: :mental: :mex: :cracker: :bowdown:

https://youtu.be/oBYVmnMFMtA

+ Sir Dan- :cat: now owes me:

2 Kebaps.

6 Bean n Tattie pies.

1 BIG fry up.

GET THE BUUUUUCK IN THERE LADDIE!!!!!!!. YUR GETTIN BUCK ALL FAE ME N JOHN!. :happy:

Postby Juddernaut88

Here he is Hendry_fan congratulations, was a great performance from John Higgins all week :hatoff:
Now let's hope our boy Stephen Hendry can take some sort of inspiration from John!

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Hughill takes the first frame.

Impressive for someone who wasn’t in this match :john:

Oppps sorry wrong thread, that was careless from me.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:3-3 Hawkins vs Selt.

Pity it wasn't Hawkins and Hendry.

BUNGKE

Wrong thread, surely? :chin:

Get back to wataching the football :no:

Postby Wildey

These are the players in line for spots in the Tour Championship with top 7 safe theres one spot up for grabs

Winner of the WST Pro series could get 34,000 so Zhou Yuelong has to win the tournament.

1 Judd Trump 504,500
2 Mark Selby 273,500
3 Neil Robertson 261,000
4 John Higgins 199,500
5 Ronnie O'Sullivan 173,500
6 Jack Lisowski 157,000
7 Kyren Wilson 150,000
8 Barry Hawkins 112,500
-----------------------------------------------
9 Jordan Brown 100,000
10 Zhou Yuelong 89,500