Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby mantorok

eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:Higgins has come into some great form recently, could be his year at the Worlds.

I would agree if he'd won the masters.

Disagree, you don't have to have won tournaments to be up for the Worlds, just being in good form is enough, you can afford the odd bad session.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine a final where Ronnie plays like last night and Higgins plays like this.

Their Masters match this season was like that, so if it had been longer I'm sure would be a classic Final.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be that surprised if Kyren beats Higgins.

Me too.

Very hard for Higgins to back this up isnt it...

Postby eraserhead

mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:Higgins has come into some great form recently, could be his year at the Worlds.

Disagree, you don't have to have won tournaments to be up for the Worlds, just being in good form is enough, you can afford the odd bad session.

4 defeats in the biggest finals has got to hurt. A Masters win would have been a real boost. I do think the age thing is important as well it's hard to keep up that form over the two weeks.

Postby mantorok

eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

4 defeats in the biggest finals has got to hurt. A Masters win would have been a real boost. I do think the age thing is important as well it's hard to keep up that form over the two weeks.

True, he'll probably reach the final and get beaten again <laugh>

Postby JAYZ303

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine a final where Ronnie plays like last night and Higgins plays like this.

Masters quarter final. Such a high quality match.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

True, he'll probably reach the final and get beaten again <laugh>

By ROS hopefully.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:scary how good Higgins can be.

That's why Ronnie's the GOAT. Became pro in the same year as this guy and still managed to win more than anyone else.

fully agree. Its a huge feat to have Higgins as peer and your greatest rival throughout your career and still win the most titles. And then later on obviously the likes of Robertson,Selby,Trump coming through. And Hendry still at topplevel for the first 10-12 years of Ronnies career.

Postby eraserhead

mantorok wrote:True, he'll probably reach the final and get beaten again <laugh>

Let's see how the tournament plays out. This is like his performance at the masters and Kyren's no slouch, his cueball looked amazing in his match against Robbo.

Postby mantorok

eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:True, he'll probably reach the final and get beaten again <laugh>

Let's see how the tournament plays out. This is like his performance at the masters and Kyren's no slouch, his cueball looked amazing in his match against Robbo.

Yeah I can't see Higgins repeating a performance like this, if he does then hats off.

Postby eraserhead

mantorok wrote:Yeah I can't see Higgins repeating a performance like this, if he does then hats off.

He looks more up for the matches against the very top players. Like he has a point to prove.

Postby Iranu

Running side wrote:Can't see selby having a long career like Higgins, ros,Williams, his technique is suspect, think he's on the slide.

This has been his best season for a few years, though.

I don’t think you can make any judgement on Selby from this match to be honest. Higgins would have beaten anyone 6-0 today.

Postby Running side

I appreciate one off matches don't mean much, he didn't give up which is more concerning, I'm no selby fan and seen him play close up,I struggle to see how successful he's been with his technique.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i should be absolutley buuzzzzzzzzing!,excited!,fuuullll of joy!,after witnessin that absolute demolition.Talk about a spankin,whitewash,that was both put together. <laugh>

I,m a happy :bugs: for sure!,but i aint as excited as i,d usualy be,after witnessing a performance like i,ve just witnessed,especially as he did it against a Top calibre player called Mark Selby.

Mainly cause it,s <only> the 1/4 Finals and cause i,m shellshocked + cause i like Selby.If it had o been against the Ronster,boy,i,d be havin a frenzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyy. :mental: <laugh>

Nah,listen,i,m happy as buck,it,s started to sink in what i,ve just witnessed,in fact,i now have some tears of joy.Yep,hendry_fan aint such as hard nut afterall.What an incredible performance from The Wizard of Wishaw.

Ta for cheerin me up John!,ok,it,s not as if i,ve been/i,m feeling low,but this Covid thing has been really gettin to me of late.

John had a POT SUCCESS of 97%.

A SAFETY SUCCESS of 88%

A LONG POT SUCCESS of 77%

HAD A TOTAL POINTS OF 546.

SELBY had a POT SUCCESS of 38%

Had a safety success of 73%.

Had a long pot success of 0%

And had a total of only 7 points!.

INCREDIBLE,BRILLIANT,SUPER BRAW SUFF JOHN!.I,m verrrry tempted to go n get a bottle o wine,i,ll give it anuther think over,not into anymore,certainly not as i used to be. :bowdown: :clap: <ok> :cracker: :happy: :happy:

Hard luck Mark.