Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Last 16 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

I think I'd rather watch Lisowski vs Gould. But then, I'm at work that day anyway so it doesn't matter.

Shame that Higgins vs Brown clashes with the Ronnie game. It means there'll be no way the ITV put it on.

Postby SnookerFan

What I don't like about ITV is all this standard format bullocks.

Starting on Monday afternoons, because they have to. No play Saturday because the racing is more important. Always two matches on in a session early on.

They should do it like The Masters, start on the Sunday and have every session be a single table set-up. Or, if they want to make it look a bit different to The Masters, start on Monday but fit in morning sessions or something. Just find a way of making the matches not clash with each other. So we don't get ridiculous situations like Higgins vs Jordan Brown not on the main channel.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:What I don't like about ITV is all this standard format bullocks.

Starting on Monday afternoons, because they have to. No play Saturday because the racing is more important. Always two matches on in a session early on.

They should do it like The Masters, start on the Sunday and have every session be a single table set-up. Or, if they want to make it look a bit different to The Masters, start on Monday but fit in morning sessions or something. Just find a way of making the matches not clash with each other. So we don't get ridiculous situations like Higgins vs Jordan Brown not on the main channel.

Yep for me what they should do is:
Monday afternoon 2 matches, Monday evening 2 matches, the same on Tuesday.
Then Wednesday afternoon 1 match, Wednesday evening 1 match and the same on Thursday too.
Then Friday evening semi final 1
Saturday evening semi final 2
Then of course final Sunday in afternoon and evening as normal.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie-Ding again. Hopefully they aint gonna meet that many more times after this.

What? Ever?

I just hope this will be the last time they play each other this season at the least. This is their fourth meeting this season. And I like Ding and feel bad for him if Ronnie keeps beating him and possibly stop him from winning titles.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:What I don't like about ITV is all this standard format bullocks.

It’s also a bit rubbish that they don’t have online coverage at least for the second table.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Whilst we're not on the subject, what format is the Gibraltar Open taking this year? Is it still a PTC-style tournament?

They won't be having the amateur qualifiers.

Other than that same as normal. So best of sevens with a single session final.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Whilst we're not on the subject, what format is the Gibraltar Open taking this year? Is it still a PTC-style tournament?

I just asked because it seems to last all week. I wondered if they'd tinkered with the format.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

I just asked because it seems to last all week. I wondered if they'd tinkered with the format.

Just fewer matches playing at one time I think.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Fewer tables. Just four instead if the usual umpteen .

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:This is the full schedule:
Monday 22nd February
19:00
Judd Trump vs Stuart Bingham
Kyren Wilson vs Ryan Day

Tuesday 23rd February
13:00
Jack Lisowski vs Martin Gould
Neil Robertson vs Lu Ning
19:00
Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui
John Higgins vs Jordan Brown

Wednesday 24th February
13:00
Mark Selby vs Mark Williams
Zhou Yeulong vs Barry Hawkins

Ah right, thought it was a one-table affair. Bit disappointed it isn't, to be honest :hmmm:

Postby SnookerEd25

:goodpost:

As I get older, I seem to get more of a liking for morning sessions, for some reason. Still love the post-midnight finishes though <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:They should have 24hour a day roll on roll off. Never stop snookering!

I could get on board with that, to be sure <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

SeaJay wrote:How to watch this, is it on ITV4 this evening?

Yes, ITV4 from 6.45 and the ITV Hub online (though the coverage is the same); no second table in the UK, though maybe available on Chinese streams and some betting sites...

Postby SeaJay

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SeaJay wrote:How to watch this, is it on ITV4 this evening?

Yes, ITV4 from 6.45 and the ITV Hub online (though the coverage is the same); no second table in the UK, though maybe available on Chinese streams and some betting sites...

Thank you

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Fewer tables. Just four instead if the usual umpteen .

Ah, I see. Makes sense.