Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:sick of these Ronnie-Ding matches this season. I wish they wouldnt meet for a change.

Yes me too. Ronnie should pull out lol, to give Ding a chance of winning it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ding beat him this time. He's due.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Such a good run from Brown to beat Selby, Mags and Ronnie.

As for Ronnie losses like that give every player on tour so much confidence going into matches against him.

I think a lot of players are confident against Ronnie these days but I think the fact there is no crowd plays a big part in that.

We shouldn’t put any more significance into the lack of crowd than we did when Yan won the Masters.

I'm not sure about that. A Ronnie crowd is a bit different to a normal snooker crowd.

Postby eraserhead

McManusFan wrote:I'm not sure about that. A Ronnie crowd is a bit different to a normal snooker crowd.

As he gets older I think he's enjoying the crowd less and less.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

As for Ronnie losses like that give every player on tour so much confidence going into matches against him.

I think a lot of players are confident against Ronnie these days but I think the fact there is no crowd plays a big part in that.

We shouldn’t put any more significance into the lack of crowd than we did when Yan won the Masters.

I'm not sure about that. A Ronnie crowd is a bit different to a normal snooker crowd.

I’m just saying we shouldn’t underplay his achievement because of it.

Postby Andre147

csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:sick of these Ronnie-Ding matches this season. I wish they wouldnt meet for a change.

mr santos :no:

I'm joking, but maybe I'll root for Ding this time around. Like Iranu does.

Postby HustleKing

eraserhead wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I'm not sure about that. A Ronnie crowd is a bit different to a normal snooker crowd.

As he gets older I think he's enjoying the crowd less and less.

Probably has nightmares from all those middle aged slobs shouting "Go one Ronnie" :irk:

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

You know it makes sense!

Postby csprince

Andre147 wrote:
csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

i knew it was a meant as a joke hence the reply.

Postby Andre147

We had Liang Wenbo, then Mark King, and now Jordan Brown winning Home Nations events. Yupeng was a ball away from winning it too.

Too bad it came against ROS, but nice to see Bingtao and Brown the winners of titles.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

You know it makes sense!

nice del boy reference.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:We had Liang Wenbo, then Mark King, and now Jordan Brown winning Home Nations events. Yupeng was a ball away from winning it too.

Too bad it came against ROS, but nice to see Bingtao and Brown the winners of titles.

I'm buzzing. An ace day of snooker. :mosh2:

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:Jordan's win reminds me of Jimmy Robertson's victory in the European Masters from a few years ago.

Hopefully, unlike Jimmy, Jordan won't fade into obscurity now.

tbf beating o'sullivan is a bit better than joe perry.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie also showed his class at the end, you could see how pleased he was for Jordan's win, and enjoyed playing in that final.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I’m just saying we shouldn’t underplay his achievement because of it.

Definately. I'm fairly sure the lack of crowd would have helped take the pressure off Jordan, but it probably made things easier for Ronnie too (he did pretty well at the worlds without a crowd).

Postby TheRocket

there are 4 players who have won their first ranking title against Ronnie in the final.

Fu,Selby,Walden and Brown now. This one was definitely the most unexpected.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:there are 4 players who have won their first ranking title against Ronnie in the final.

Fu,Selby,Walden and Brown now. This one was definitely the most unexpected.

Yes, more than Walden's win for me too. At the time, Ronnie was also world champion. If Brown goes on to win as much as Walden, he's done allright.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie definately missed a trick not being 7-5 up, he allowed Brown to stop his momentum and that changed the match in the end.

Postby Wildey

Crowd or no crowd that is the biggest shock in snooker history and Ronnie himself said it he played OK tonight.

First part of the match to go 4-1 down Jordan played great stuff and Ronnie was struggling but lets not forget Ronnie was leading 6-5 from 4-1 down that has crumbled more experience players than Jordan Brown seeing Ronnie coming back at you with back to back tons.

he's now inside the top 64 and at some point next season he could be in a battle for a top 16 place

Postby Andre147

Don't be ridiculous Wild.

Johnson winning the 1986 was a far bigger shock. it's the world title for christ sake, beating prime Steve Davis in a World Final, it doesn't come bigger than that.

Postby Iranu

I agree with Wild.

Johnson may have been a shock but he was a top 16 player. Murphy and Griffiths are both bigger World Championship shocks, for a start.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Patiently waiting for world snooker to update the schedule.

Trump plays tomorrow evening, that's all you need to know.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:Don't be ridiculous Wild.

Johnson winning the 1986 was a far bigger shock. it's the world title for christ sake, beating prime Steve Davis in a World Final, it doesn't come bigger than that.

Johnson was top 16 no?

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:

I need to know all of it though as I generally watch all the matches.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I need to know all of it though as I generally watch all the matches.

You already have tomorrow's.

They'll release the rest in the morning probably.

Postby TheRocket

Interesting stat. I was looking at Ronnies wikipedia page and 15 of the 19 ranking finals he's lost was over bo17/first to 9 distance.

He also lost 5 sonsecutive bo17 finals now but he keeps winning the bo19 and longer finals. A pattern throughout his career from what I've seen.