Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:Ronnie has lost 2 frames in 5 matches. I wonder what the record is for fewest frames lost in real event (not including the Shootout, etc.). Ronnie might have had a chance to set the record if Carter hadn't withdrawn...

Thinking the same.

He could win 9-0 tomorrow, like Robbo did at the European Masters.

But I dont think it will be that easy.

Postby Prop

eraserhead wrote:Think I'll rewatch Fargo soon as well, never saw the third series.

David Thewlis’ character in season 3 is one of the best in the whole series.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:Ronnie has lost 2 frames in 5 matches. I wonder what the record is for fewest frames lost in real event (not including the Shootout, etc.). Ronnie might have had a chance to set the record if Carter hadn't withdrawn...

Frames won vs frames lost is the real indicator, in fairness.

You could absolutely dominate the worlds winning every match bar first round with a session to spare and lose 5x as many frames as doing the same in a Home Nations.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:After this match, I will be rewatching Fargo.

The film or the series?

The series. I’m up to episode 7 of the first season. And patiently waiting for season 4 to come to the UK.

Season 4 is currently running on Irish tv. It's pretty good. I've never seen the other seasons.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Think I'll rewatch Fargo soon as well, never saw the third series.

100%. Fabulous actor. Carrie Coon is awesome too, and without going into it too much, the robot thing is possibly my favourite sequence in the series.

If you like the esoteric storytelling of Fargo, you should watch Legion. Same showrunner.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Agreed. 2, 1, 3 in order of greatness for me. It seems there’s been enough time between watching it for the first time and now for it to be enjoyable again. I haven’t exactly forgotten the plot, but it’s still incredible 2nd time round.

Yep, that’s the order I’d have them in as well, although all pretty tight.

I’ve actually seen the first eight episodes or so of season 4 and it’s also very good although it ranks bottom at the moment.

So I’ve heard. But I’ll still make time for it. Must be tough recreating new stories in the shadow of the early ones.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Agreed. 2, 1, 3 in order of greatness for me. It seems there’s been enough time between watching it for the first time and now for it to be enjoyable again. I haven’t exactly forgotten the plot, but it’s still incredible 2nd time round.

Yep, that’s the order I’d have them in as well, although all pretty tight.

I’ve actually seen the first eight episodes or so of season 4 and it’s also very good although it ranks bottom at the moment.

So I’ve heard. But I’ll still make time for it. Must be tough recreating new stories in the shadow of the early ones.

Just because it’s at the bottom doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s very good! And I haven’t finished so who knows how I feel when I’ve seen all of it.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:

100%. Fabulous actor. Carrie Coon is awesome too, and without going into it too much, the robot thing is possibly my favourite sequence in the series.

If you like the esoteric storytelling of Fargo, you should watch Legion. Same showrunner.

Bookmarked!!! <ok>

Postby Iranu

You’d love Legion as well. Shades of Twin Peaks with a ‘genre’ feel.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:

You’d love Legion as well. Shades of Twin Peaks with a ‘genre’ feel.

Will check it out.

Postby Iranu

Despite having a poor season thus far, if he wins tomorrow Ronnie will have be 2nd in Home Nations prize money. Maybe even if he loses, I’m not sure.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Despite having a poor season thus far, if he wins tomorrow Ronnie will have be 2nd in Home Nations prize money. Maybe even if he loses, I’m not sure.

Was looking before and unless it's not updated he's ahead of Willo and Higgins on the one year list.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie plays Jordan Brown again at the PC?

He could play him in 2 big matches in the space of two days.

If Ronnie wins tomorrow, then they would play at the PC. If Jordan were to win, then I think Ronnie would play Ding...
Last edited by D4P on 20 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie plays Jordan Brown again at the PC?

He could play him in 2 big matches in the space of two days.

If Ronnie wins the final he will play Jordan Brown, if he loses then he will play Ding Junhui.

Postby eraserhead

Ding needs to sort his bloody ranking out. Needs to be as far away as possible from Ronnie in a big tournament right now.