Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of February at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport

Jordan Brown the surprise packadge of the semi finals after beating the 3 Times World Champion Mark Selby in the Quarter Finals.

The other 3 players been there done that many times

It's been 2 and a half years since Mark Williams won a ranking tournament the 2018 World Open on the back of his 3rd World Title can he do it this week it will be tough though to get past Ronnie O'Sullivan to reach the final.

Who will make the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Stephen Maguire v Jordan Brown Maguire leads 2-0
------------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 32-12

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Sheers Wild

ROS and Maguire Final I think.

But I'd be very happy for MJW if he were to win his home country title, 1999 seems like another life.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Sheers Wild

ROS and Maguire Final I think.

But I'd be very happy for MJW if he were to win his home country title, 1999 seems like another life.

There was a great fantastic superb World Champion that year ;-)

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie odds-on on Betfair.

You see who's left in and this is a golden opportunity for Ronnie to add to his already bulging trophy cabinet.

Pretty much, there is no getting away from it. If Williams or Maguire play the match of their life then fair play but if not this is a must win situation for ROS and a golden opportunity.

Postby Andre147

When MJW last won this title in 1999, he beat Ronnie 6-1 in the Semi-Finals.

Who knows if he can repeat that feat again...

Postby D4P

To me, the biggest question for Ronnie is whether he really wants to win a tournament before this year's WC or not. He doesn't seem to care that much about winning events like this one at this point in his career, especially since winning has the potential to decrease his chances at the WC by increasing the pressure/expectations he feels. I think his general plan these days is to prioritize the WC, and to hopefully enter the event feeling relaxed/rested/confident. I think he has already played well enough recently to be confident, so winning the event isn't necessarily his goal...

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:When MJW last won this title in 1999, he beat Ronnie 6-1 in the Semi-Finals.

Who knows if he can repeat that feat again...

I hope he does.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:To me, the biggest question for Ronnie is whether he really wants to win a tournament before this year's WC or not. He doesn't seem to care that much about winning events like this one at this point in his career, especially since winning has the potential to decrease his chances at the WC by increasing the pressure/expectations he feels. I think his general plan these days is to prioritize the WC, and to hopefully enter the event feeling relaxed/rested/confident. I think he has already played well enough recently to be confident, so winning the event isn't necessarily his goal...

I don’t think winning a ranker here or there makes much of a difference to the pressure he feels at the Worlds. Unless he has a rubbish season like last season or an amazing season (multiple wins) it’s basically the same. And I doubt even those occasions change it that much,

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:
D4P wrote:To me, the biggest question for Ronnie is whether he really wants to win a tournament before this year's WC or not. He doesn't seem to care that much about winning events like this one at this point in his career, especially since winning has the potential to decrease his chances at the WC by increasing the pressure/expectations he feels. I think his general plan these days is to prioritize the WC, and to hopefully enter the event feeling relaxed/rested/confident. I think he has already played well enough recently to be confident, so winning the event isn't necessarily his goal...

I don’t think winning a ranker here or there makes much of a difference to the pressure he feels at the Worlds. Unless he has a rubbish season like last season or an amazing season (multiple wins) it’s basically the same. And I doubt even those occasions change it that much,

Only Ronnie knows for sure, of course.

If he were to win tomorrow, he would become the first player to make it to 3 Home Nations finals in the same season...

Postby Andre147

I'd like Ronnie to win a title before the Worlds, but wont be too bothered of he doesnt.

Much like last season, he won the Shanghai Masters and the World Title.

Winning the Welsh Open and the World title would be just great.

Postby hendry_fan

Surely Brown won,t beat Mags,Surely he won,t be able to keep up the very good standard of play he showed against Selby.Surely he,ll miss more and that his safety play will not be as good as it was against Selby.Surely he,ll crumble at some point.

Hmmm.Hang onn!,he actualy did miss quite a lot n plunge and play poor safetys,or at least played numerous mediocre safety,towards the end of the match n crumbled,but Selby crumbled more. :-( :-)

Surely Mags won,t be able to keep up the high standard he,s shown so far.Even if he does,nt,i,m confident he,ll end Browns party.In sayin that,i still aint gonna bet my house on it. :-D

COMMME ONNNN MAGS!!!!!.

And in the other semi-final,we have MJW v Ronnie.

I aint got much to say on this match.

A forgone conclusion. :chin: :-( :-)

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:David Brent's Band.

I don't watch The Office. Don't get it.

You really should. It's only 12 episodes. Seminal comedy. If you've ever worked in an office it will resonate.

David Brent's band is called Foregone Conclusion. I've made this joke before, and it explained it to you.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I’m watching Shrek 2

I don't think you like Snooker, Alex.

I’d forgotten how good it was

Postby Prop

Does this start at half past? BBC iPlayer hasn’t even got a link to it. I’ll watch on ES but I always get the buffering problem. No such issue on iPlayer.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Carter retires.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56136970

I was thinking wtf for 10 seconds and then clicked the link and was like well he is correct but that is something good old snookerfan would do <laugh>

Maybe Alex had a point not to believe me about the Ali Carter pulling out thing.