Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of February at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport

4 World Champions with a combined Crucible Tally of 13 World Championships have reached the semi final Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby, Mark Williams and Defending Welsh Open Champion Shaun Murphy.

Ali Carter who seems to be getting back to form and Jordan Brown in his second ranking quarter final of 2021 aswell as Tom Ford and Stephen Maguire make up the Last 8.

The Ray Reardon trophy up for grabs who will reach the last 4?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Shaun Murphy v Stephen Maguire Murphy leads 14-12
Mark Selby v Jordan Brown Selby leads 1-0
------------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Tom Ford Williams leads 11-1
Ali Carter v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 19-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Murphy v Maguire was once a grudge match, I doubt it is nowadays. That seems to be the case when Murphy plays Bingham.

I'd not be surprised if Mags still harbours a grudge.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What is the beef between Murphy and Bingham?

WC final 2015

What? Because Murphy lost?

Hardly the gentleman act that he likes to present.

If you go round sweating about somebody beating you, they win. They're in your head then.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What is the beef between Murphy and Bingham?

WC final 2015

What? Because Murphy lost?

Hardly the gentleman act that he likes to present.

If you go round sweating about somebody beating you, they win. They're in your head then.

Murphy blamed his loss on some health issue, possibly a bad back, in a recent interview. Bingham felt this denigrated his achievement.

Postby SnookerEd25

Stephen Hendry won the ‘94 WC with a fractured elbow. These things happen you have to deal with them, but it makes you sound like a bit of a bellend if you use it to put down somebody else’s achievements, and then go on about it.

Postby hendry_fan

Good matches on again today.

At least 1 Scot is still in the tourney. :happy:

I,m tempted to bet my house that Selby will send Brown packin,but i,ll leave it at me bein tempted,as you just never bl**dy know,as there are always shocks that happen. :-)

Gotta always love matches between Ali n Ronnie.I,m tempted to have a bet that Ali will shake his head :sad: on numerous occasions,but,hey,he might not even shake it once. :-D

Nice that MJW,s still in the tourney.Fords been playin well of late,so i aint tempted to put any type of bet on this match.

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Tom Ford is currently 16th on the 1 year list, so a win for Williams could put him above him.

Indeed. In fact the winner of their match will move ahead of Bingham who is currently fourteenth. So likely enough to secure participation.

Elsewhere Maguire, Carter, and Brown would all need to reach the final to qualify.

Postby Prop

hendry_fan wrote:Good matches on again today.

At least 1 Scot is still in the tourney. :happy:

I,m tempted to bet my house that Selby will send Brown packin,but i,ll leave it at me bein tempted,as you just never bl**dy know,as there are always shocks that happen. :-)

Gotta always love matches between Ali n Ronnie.I,m tempted to have a bet that Ali will shake his head :sad: on numerous occasions,but,hey,he might not even shake it once. :-D

Nice that MJW,s still in the tourney.Fords been playin well of late,so i aint tempted to put any type of bet on this match.

Astute observations there, HF! Yeah the intensity of competition is always high between Carter and Ronnie. I don’t think they genuinely hate each other, more that they really want to beat each other.

Postby motorhead

HappyCamper wrote:
Murphy blamed his loss on some health issue, possibly a bad back, in a recent interview. Bingham felt this denigrated his achievement.

Murphy mentioning this only several years later, goes to show how he didn't want take anything away from Stu's win. Maybe Stu forgot Murphy was cruising at the beginning.

Postby SnookerFan

If that's all it is, it seems much ado about nothing.

Especially as Bingham had to beat Graeme Dott, Ronnie O'Sullivan and Judd Trump just to get to the final.

Only morons think that Bingham didn't deserve his win.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Shaun Murphy clears the air about the Maguire incident.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/19/shaun-mu ... -14109516/

That’s utter bullocks. He said in the interview after the match that he said to the ref that he had been docked a frame after it had happened to him previously

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:The afternoon matches are starting at the same time?

In the Home Nations, they usually start one after the other. Then play two at once in the evening.

Welcome to the new normal. <ok>

Postby Prop

In the Home Nations, they usually start one after the other. Then play two at once in the evening.

Mags Murph and Selby Brown play now, then Ron Carter after, and Willo Ford at 7.

Postby HappyCamper

If they were going to change things would have been nice to get all four matches on table one.