Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th ~ Sunday 21st of February at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport

The Second Round with only Stuart Bingham losing the big upset but also another former World Champion Neil Robertson pulling out.

But still in and still going strong is the World no 1 Judd Trump, World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby, Jack Lisowski, Kyren Wilson and Defending Champion Shaun Murphy.

Both Ken Doherty and Jimmy White recieved walk overs in to round 2 and Jimmy wil be up againsthis friend Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who will progress in to the last 32?

DRAW

Selected last 64 Matches
Shaun Murphy v Stuart Carrington
Ryan Day v Mark Davis
Martin O'Donnell v Ken Doherty
Peng Junxu v Ding Junhui
Matthew Stevens v Stephen Maguire
Mark Selby v Jamie O'Neill
Yan Bingtao v Brian Ochoiski
Alexander Ursenbacher v Robert Milkins
Judd Trump v Si Jiahui
Zhao Xintong v Hossein Vafaei
Mark Williams v Liam Highfield
Ricky Walden v Graaeme Dott
Sonny Akani v Jack Lisowski
Alan McManus v Kyren Wilson
John Higgins v Ben Woollaston
Ali Carter v Aaron Hill
Mark Allen v Nigel Bond
Anthony Hamilton v Zhou Yuelong
Jimmy Robertson v Martin Gould
Jimmy White v Ronnie O'Sullivan

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 !!!!!

Postby D4P

The less Neil Robertson plays, the more likely it becomes that Mark Selby ends up being the #3 seed at the Crucible and therefore on the same side of the draw with Judd.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:The less Neil Robertson plays, the more likely it becomes that Mark Selby ends up being the #3 seed at the Crucible and therefore on the same side of the draw with Judd.

Is this the personal reason he pulled out?

Yes, Neil is fed up with Selby dodging Judd and has decided to do something about it.

Postby Andre147

barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:Am I right in assuming there's no female refs at this event this year?

Haven't seen any so you may be right.

There's not been many reffing in this Covid times, mostly because a lot of them live abroad and these are not the times you want to be travelling, that's why most of the refs are from the UK.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:Am I right in assuming there's no female refs at this event this year?

There's not been many reffing in this Covid times, mostly because a lot of them live abroad and these are not the times you want to be travelling, that's why most of the refs are from the UK.

possibly the only British based female refs is Tatiana Woollaston and Michaela Tabb if they will grovel when things get desperate lol

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:The less Neil Robertson plays, the more likely it becomes that Mark Selby ends up being the #3 seed at the Crucible and therefore on the same side of the draw with Judd.

Is this the personal reason he pulled out?

The personal reason is that he went to Newport be in the Isle Of Wight by mistake.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

possibly the only British based female refs is Tatiana Woollaston and Michaela Tabb if they will grovel when things get desperate lol

Which they won't.

Postby Reg Varney

Andre147 wrote:

I'm missing Malgorzata and her legs at this Home Nations event :-(

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Had an early night last.

Cragie won after trailing 3-0 against Teppy!. :shock: Sir Dan- :cat: will be not amused!.

Well done to SI reader J-Rob,manages to win a match again,beats the Polish star Filipiak.

Yan still the man,impresses again,with breaks of *127*,*104*,55 and a 51. That,ll have cheered up Sir Dan- :cat: :-D

HF :-D You must be well psyched for the Gibraltar Open?? I know I am.

Yeah Yan was brilliant - 97% pot success.

Let's hope that Theppy Lad's conquistador doesn't fall over in the next round, that was a sore one.

I love Theppy Lad a great deal, but wish he'd take a look at his overall game. It's so frustrating. He's 35 now. Time to properly learn the safety game like Ronnie, Judd, and to a lesser extent the Dreamer have all done? Surely he watched Yan's victory in the Masters and thinks 'hmmm, maybe I should try some different shots?'

Postby Dan-cat

LDS wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Great stats LDS <ok>

One question : what is / are cheevo(s)? :chin:

It's a relatively new word that is currently in mass circulation. It is short-hand for Achievements, popularised by most computer games having collectable rewards called Achievements that are attained by doing something in-game, often a uniquely interesting circumstance having been 'achieved', but sometimes just from playing the game normally and getting past a certain point.

Different achievements have different rarities.

For example: Defeat the boss of level 1 of the mysterious crypt - common, 83% of players have achieved this.
or: Upgrade your horse armour to Silk of the Jester standard for every slot - rare, 2% of players have achieved this.

Etc.

Because the word Achievement is such a long word, with somewhat awkward spelling, but is used so much, it's inevitable that a short-hand emerged.

Great post, but isn't this strictly a gamer word? I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Have you guys heard of the word tekkers? Big word down in here in London.

Nuspeak for 'what excellent skills you have,' for example if you play a great pool shot then 'that is tekkers mate' and can be applied to anything.

Postby Dan-cat

My housemate Ed is so odd, refuses to accept that you can use the word 'osmosis' to mean 'learn by osmosis'. He insists it can only be used to mean 'a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one.' He is also one of those ones that says 'decimated' can only mean divided by ten.

As I always say, you can't fight the tide of etymology.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:My housemate Ed is so odd, refuses to accept that you can use the word 'osmosis' to mean 'learn by osmosis'. He insists it can only be used to mean 'a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one.' He is also one of those ones that says 'decimated' can only mean divided by ten.

As I always say, you can't fight the tide of etymology.

bucking hell Dan, that was like a Saviour post.