Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby csprince

HappyCamper wrote:if someone wins all the home nations do they get to put the cross logo with the four nation symbols on their waistcoat!?

if you won the home nations the uk the worlds the german and the european you'd end up looking like a globe.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I don't believe for a second that Judd would rather win a string of events instead of one World Championship. bull.

Yeah it’s utter bullocks.

It sounds like he’s setting himself up for a defence if he doesn’t win (m)any more world titles in his career.

And let’s be honest. It’s Worlds. It’s not the Worlds, the UK, and the Masters. The latter two should go in hand-in-hand really (every multiple world champion has had comparable UKs and Masters) but you can’t tell me if Judd wins 1x World, 6x UK and 6x Masters or something that he’ll be ahead of Selby for example on the GOAT list.

1 World title no but 2 World titles I'd definitely put him ahead of Selby if he wins more UK's,Masters and rankers.

Depends how many more. If it was 2/6/6 then possibly. But in that case, he wouldn’t go above Higgins despite having 5 more “triple crown” tournaments.

Postby Andre147

Judd has got all the right attributes to win the world title at least 3 or 4 times, but whether he does it or not is a different matter.

Just look at Robbo for comparison.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:50 rankers, 3-4 Worlds,UK's and Masters still my prediction for Judd.

Do you mean 3-4 as the total of triple crowns?

3-4 of each tournament. Something like 3 Worlds, 4 UK's, 4 Masters. To win more I think is a big challenge.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I don't believe for a second that Judd would rather win a string of events instead of one World Championship. bull.

Yeah it’s utter bullocks.

It sounds like he’s setting himself up for a defence if he doesn’t win (m)any more world titles in his career.

And let’s be honest. It’s Worlds. It’s not the Worlds, the UK, and the Masters. The latter two should go in hand-in-hand really (every multiple world champion has had comparable UKs and Masters) but you can’t tell me if Judd wins 1x World, 6x UK and 6x Masters or something that he’ll be ahead of Selby for example on the GOAT list.

1 World title no but 2 World titles I'd definitely put him ahead of Selby if he wins more UK's,Masters and rankers.

Depends how many more. If it was 2/6/6 then possibly. But in that case, he wouldn’t go above Higgins despite having 5 more “triple crown” tournaments.

i love the way we get to decide who's better than who on the all time list how many titles have we won between us.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:50 rankers, 3-4 Worlds,UK's and Masters still my prediction for Judd.

Do you mean 3-4 as the total of triple crowns?

3-4 of each tournament. Something like 3 Worlds, 4 UK's, 4 Masters. To win more I think is a big challenge.

Aaaah - OK.

I think he will so well to maintain his redent consistency but if that were the total haul he should be satisfied

Postby TheRocket

When Ronnie was at Judds age (31) he had won 2 Worlds, 3 UK's, 3 Masters. Now its 6/7/7.
So 4 more Worlds,UK's and Masters. If Judd can keep his consistency and play to a high level in his 40's he can do something similar.

30 is the new 20 these days.

Postby csprince

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm flying, without wings.

I'll admit I did like that song when it was first out :emb:

oh judders i don't know what's worse you liking it or admitting it.

Postby Juddernaut88

csprince wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm flying, without wings.

I'll admit I did like that song when it was first out :emb:

oh judders i don't know what's worse you liking it or admitting it.

I was only 10 though when it was out.