Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shoot Out !!!!!

Postby LC

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
LC wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:As soon as I heard Day was down to 50 in the rankings I thought he'd probably win this.

That’s why I backed him at 12-1

What will you spend your £6 on?

£12! Oh yeah

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:It was indeed Ryan's DAY!

Very happy for him.

But no doubt poeple like Wild won't consider this a ranking final loss, so the Hendry record still in danger for him.

But even Trump lost in the CL Final this season when he was close to that record. We may not like it, but they all count.

What Wild and others think is utterly irrelevant. The record books will record it as a ranking loss, they won’t say, “Thanks to Wild E Jones, Selby’s ranking final record was maintained as it was felt the 2021 Shoot Out didn’t have an appropriate format despite having officially been a ranking event for years by that point.” The record is gone.

It’s sad that it counts but it is what it is.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:It was indeed Ryan's DAY!

Very happy for him.

But no doubt poeple like Wild won't consider this a ranking final loss, so the Hendry record still in danger for him.

But even Trump lost in the CL Final this season when he was close to that record. We may not like it, but they all count.

What Wild and others think is utterly irrelevant. The record books will record it as a ranking loss, they won’t say, “Thanks to Wild E Jones, Selby’s ranking final record was maintained as it was felt the 2021 Shoot Out didn’t have an appropriate format despite having officially been a ranking event for years by that point.” The record is gone.

It’s sad that it counts but it is what it is.

<laugh>

Exactly mate.

Still, 11 consecutive ranking event finals won is some achievment.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Still, 11 consecutive ranking event finals won is some achievment.

It’s incredible, really.

Postby Andre147

I would like if Day won an event with a longer format, instance a Home Nations, because the ones he won were this, Riga Masters and Gibraltar.

But he's still 3 time ranking event winner, and that's what counts at the end of the day.

Postby HappyCamper

He also won the Romanian masters, which was a proper event. Pretty much all top 16 and two sesh final. More of an achievement that any of his ranking triumphs really. It's silly to obsess over ranking event status.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:He also won the Romanian masters, which was a proper event. Pretty much all top 16 and two sesh final. More of an achievement that any of his ranking triumphs really. It's silly to obsess over ranking event status.

I forgot about that one. Easily his best achievment.

Postby Iranu

Vallomas wrote:Do you remember the times when Ryan Day was (one of) the best player(s) never won a ranking event?

Halcyon Days

Postby Reg Varney

Disappointed that my man 'Rock Steady' couldn't win this, but Day beating Selby in the final, I'll take that.

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Riga, Gibraltar and Shoot Out

3 times ranking event winner - Ryan Day

He's the clay-pot terminator!

There's a thread for tennis. Please use it.

Postby TheRocket

Didnt watch any of this but good to see Day winning a ranker despite the fact its a tinpot event obviously.

The fact he beat Selby in the final and stopped him from breaking Hendrys record makes it funnier.

Postby Juddernaut88

Allen and Mark Williams would probably need to get to the semi finals of the Welsh open to have a chance of making it into the top 16 on the 1 year list.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:Ryan Day will qualify for the players championship after that win as well.

What about Champion of Champions? Does he get a spot in that too?

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Ryan Day will qualify for the players championship after that win as well.

Would expect so, yes. I can't remember how far down the list the shootout actually is, but no chance we get sixteen other distinct winners.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Would expect so, yes. I can't remember how far down the list the shootout actually is, but no chance we get sixteen other distinct winners.

Yeah.

I mean Judd has/will win several of the tournaments that are above the Shoot-Out.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Thanks

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Didnt watch any of this but good to see Day winning a ranker despite the fact its a tinpot event obviously.

The fact he beat Selby in the final and stopped him from breaking Hendrys record makes it funnier.

Wild must be seething! rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Didnt watch any of this but good to see Day winning a ranker despite the fact its a tinpot event obviously.

Wild must be seething! rofl

Wild is a big Hendry fan though.

Postby SteveJJ

Andre147 wrote:I would like if Day won an event with a longer format, instance a Home Nations, because the ones he won were this, Riga Masters and Gibraltar.

But he's still 3 time ranking event winner, and that's what counts at the end of the day.

Bearing in mind hes the only one to do this particular treble.....(has anyone else won two?) And that a fair few have won the triple crown, maybe Days achievement is the greater. In terms of difficulty perhaps this should be the new triple crown.

I am saying this tongue in cheek.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I bet Selby wishes he'd only made the semis now.

rofl

He probably cares less than people on here do.

He cares about records. Like any other player does. Winning the most ranking finals in a row would have been Selbys best record in Snooker actually. And a record which might never be beaten again.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

He cares about records. Like any other player does. Winning the most ranking finals in a row would have been Selbys best record in Snooker actually. And a record which might never be beaten again.

I agree, this is one thing that I’m sure the player cares more about than us.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

In his losers's speech he was pretty much inferring that he wouldn't count this as a ranking final loss. Rest of the world will though.