Post a reply

BetVictor Snooker Shoot Out !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 4th ~ Sunday 7th of February at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

In its 11th year and 5th year as a "ranking" tournament the shoot out is back but this year without the boistrous lubricated crowd of previous years.

World number 4 Mark Selby heads the field with Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and Ronnie O'Sullivan sitting this one out.

12 amateur players taking their place in the draw including 12 times Woman's World Champion Reanne Evans and World no 4 woman Rebecca Kenna.

The Clock is apparently ticking so who will win?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shoot Out !!!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Aparantly.

He’s put “boystros” right there and you focus on “aparantly”?

Boystros rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Boystros rofl

In Wild's defence, he speaks two languages. I speak one.

Postby Ck147

Come on Reanne, can't wait, I'm going to make my own crowd noises, got the pink panther and James Bond themes all ready and a crate of beers, thinking of shaving my head and getting the kids to felt tip some tattoos on me too.
Last edited by Ck147 on 01 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Should it be a ranking event?

Of course it should, anyone who says otherwise can't be a fan of snooker

Postby McManusFan

Can't believe it's been 5 years since it became a ranking event. This is the one tournament I'm looking forward to there not being a crowd - it'll be so weird!

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:Can't believe it's been 5 years since it became a ranking event. This is the one tournament I'm looking forward to there not being a crowd - it'll be so weird!

5 years, and 5000 posts from SF saying it shouldn't be one. <laugh>

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Boystros rofl

What are you referring to? :-)

rofl

Postby mantorok

McManusFan wrote:Can't believe it's been 5 years since it became a ranking event. This is the one tournament I'm looking forward to there not being a crowd - it'll be so weird!

I think this could be a bigger pisstake than making it a ranking event, it was only ever intended to be played in front of a rowdy crowd. Now they're forcing it to continue without one, it's madness.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:

I think this could be a bigger pisstake than making it a ranking event, it was only ever intended to be played in front of a rowdy crowd. Now they're forcing it to continue without one, it's madness.

The winner with £30k for 5 frames of snooker, and a bunch of ranking points is unlikely to agree.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:

The winner with £30k for 5 frames of snooker, and a bunch of ranking points is unlikely to agree.

Oh I'm sure the players won't mind at all, I just think as a viewer it will lose its edge.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Boystros rofl

What are you referring to? :-)

#Lordingit

Postby Sickpotter

Dan-cat wrote:

5 years, and 5000 posts from SF saying it shouldn't be one. <laugh>

5000 correct posts..... <ok>

May as well just make every event a ranking event if you think this one is deserving.

Postby Iranu

Dott, Borg, Figureido, and Amiri have withdrawn. Replaced by Curtis-Barrett, Kuldesh Johal, Oliver Brown, and Daniel Womersley.

Postby Ck147

Another couple of withdrawals and we might get to see Johnny Bravo make an appearance

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:Another couple of withdrawals and we might get to see Johnny Bravo make an appearance

Not while it’s televised

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Another couple of withdrawals and we might get to see Johnny Bravo make an appearance

Not while it’s televised

pmsl

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:

Boystros rofl

nothing is right about this tournament why worry about Gramer <ok>

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Boystros rofl

nothing is right about this tournament why worry about Gramer <ok>

Everything was right about this tournament until they put it a ranking event. Before then it was just fun between the players and crowd, players lower down the rankings able to earn decent money.

The fun remains the same, but since it's not 15 reds proper Snooker, it should never be a ranking event.