Post a reply

Betfred Masters Final: Yan Bingtao v John Higgins

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Sunday 17th of January @ 1pm and 7pm

Final of The Masters, it's experience v youth. We have 2 time winner of this event John Higgins in his first Masters final after 15 years, up against 20 year old Yan Bingtao, who survived 3 deciding frames to reach this far. Last time this happened Mark Selby won his first Masters title in 2008.

Can Yan Bingtao do the same and join his China hero Ding Junhui on the Triple Crown event winner, or will the experience of John Higgins prevail?

Yan Bingtao v John Higgins

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Tied at 3-3
Main Tournaments Bingtao leads 3-2
Multi Session Matches First match
Finals First Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betfred Masters Final: Yan Bingtao v John Higgins

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Great stat from Hendon: the last season a Triple Crown final didn’t feature one of Williams, Higgins or Ronnie was their debut season 1992-93.

And the next season to not feature one of them will be 2077-78.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 17 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

TheRocket wrote:when was the last time there was a 25 year age gap between the two finalists?

Think it was the 2005 UK championship final between Steve Davis and Ding Junhui, although Steve may have been 50 then so the age gap would have been 32 years.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:Last year’s world final, surely?

Wait, no. Way off!

Yeah, I looked at your post to begin with and wondered if there was supposed to be a joke there that I wasn't getting. No way is Ronnie that much older than Kyren lol.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:Last year’s world final, surely?

Wait, no. Way off!

Yeah, I looked at your post to begin with and wondered if there was supposed to be a joke there that I wasn't getting. No way is Ronnie that much older than Kyren lol.

Forgot to carry a 1 rofl

Postby Andre147

Bingtao once again up against a member of the Class of 92 in a Final. First it was the 2017 NI Open Final v MJW, now it's the 2021 Masters Final v Higgins.

He should play Ronnie next in a Final.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:Bingtao once again up against a member of the Class of 92 in a Final. First it was the 2017 NI Open Final v MJW, now it's the 2021 Masters Final v Higgins.

He should play Ronnie next in a Final.

Hope so! Worlds would be nice :chuckle:

Postby Ronnie79

Juddernaut88 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:when was the last time there was a 25 year age gap between the two finalists?

Think it was the 2005 UK championship final between Steve Davis and Ding Junhui, although Steve may have been 50 then so the age gap would have been 32 years.