Post a reply

Re: WST Pro Series 1st Stage !!!!!

Postby Deewee

cupotee wrote:i think its a lack of investment problem , another problem i think is a degree of common sense , here's the last five venues for the ebsa snooker championship which also carries a two year tour card for the winner , wroclaw poland , nicosia cyprus , sofia bulgaria , eilat israel , and albufeira portugal , go figure :chin:

What's wrong with those venues? If you look at the players participating, there's plenty of Brits for you there

Postby Wildey

I Was expecting Ronnie to go through the field here without dropping a frame its custom-made no pressure practice for Ronnie normally he doesn't break much sweat against players in these events.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Chances to progress equal to 10 % now for RoS

About 5 players has toped their group with 5 wins Ronnie can still do it with another 4 wins.

Postby cupotee

Deewee wrote:
cupotee wrote:i think its a lack of investment problem , another problem i think is a degree of common sense , here's the last five venues for the ebsa snooker championship which also carries a two year tour card for the winner , wroclaw poland , nicosia cyprus , sofia bulgaria , eilat israel , and albufeira portugal , go figure :chin:

What's wrong with those venues? If you look at the players participating, there's plenty of Brits for you there

But what interest is it for governing bodies to go to these places when they can have a set place which is more convenient for more people , i know its the european billiards and snooker association but how many amateurs wanting to become pro's are there in israel compared to britain , a few years ago world snooker had a ptc in gibraltar and i think i’m being generous to say there were two players from roughly that area , spain or portugal participating , was it appropriate to hold a ptc there too , and can you write more than on a postage stamp as to what benefit its did for the game there .

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Chances to progress equal to 10 % now for RoS

About 5 players has toped their group with 5 wins Ronnie can still do it with another 4 wins.

Yeah he sure can. It's just a bit of match practice really, win or lose.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Holding a tournament in a foreign country develops interest in the game there. Regardless of the amount of local players participating (if any.)

You had Belgium, Romania and even my very own Portugal event which were huge successes and brought interest as you say.

Postby cupotee

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Holding a tournament in a foreign country develops interest in the game there. Regardless of the amount of local players participating (if any.)

You had Belgium, Romania and even my very own Portugal event which were huge successes and brought interest as you say.

has anything happened by way of investment in tables in clubs in those countries respectably appropriating to those in pro events , i'm perfectly content with there being more and more chinese pro's , it just seems that the ebsa is a pathway thats too exclusive and expensive for most to afford , just hold it annually in britain to make it easier for most , whats with the expense around europe the issue should be the lack of youth and not sightseeing for the wst staff .

Postby SteveJJ

cupotee wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

has anything happened by way of investment in tables in clubs in those countries respectably appropriating to those in pro events , i'm perfectly content with there being more and more chinese pro's , it just seems that the ebsa is a pathway thats too exclusive and expensive for most to afford , just hold it annually in britain to make it easier for most , whats with the expense around europe the issue should be the lack of youth and not sightseeing for the wst staff .

I doubt they had time to sightsee. Big undertaking running those events

Postby Andre147

3rd defeat in a row, I think that's Ronnie out of the tournament.

Ah well... hope he continues kamikaze for the rest of the day, always fun to watch.

Postby D4P

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnies head screwed up it seems. Why even bother to play?

"He’s absolutely mad as cheese, you know that don’t you?” (Anthony) Hamilton said. “He’s absolutely mental, Ronnie. He’s not putting it on, he’s a lunatic. For him to adhere to the snooker world and be semi-normal is a miracle, to be honest. Anything can happen with Ronnie."

Postby Andre147

Joyce loses the match 2-1 without potting a ball! Yet still won the first frame from Ronnie being late.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Great entertainment always provided from ROS

He's always been an entertainer, first and foremost. Winning is usually only a secondary concern.

Postby Andre147

Mathematically Ronnie can still qualify, but needs results to go his way, and obviously win these 2 matches left.