Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters Q Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v John Higgi

Postby Johnny Bravo

McManusFan wrote:What a match, the only way that could have been better is if Ronnie hadn't quite crumbled in the final frame. Absolute belter. This is shaping up to be the best Masters in a long time, I'm going to be happy whoever wins.

He had a possible kick when he missed that red

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Funny how much difference small things can make. Not just Higgins getting the bits of rub but also if Ronnie hadn’t landed behind the red after his awesome long pot in the third (?) frame.

Although having said that, Ronnie’s safety wasn’t anywhere near strong enough to cope with Higgins yesterday so I think Higgins would have won regardless.

Ronnie was scoring just as good. The problem was the safety department where Higgins had an edge, ROS messed up a few times. Also, the rub of the green Higgins had. When he missed, he didn't leave nothing on.

Postby TheRocket

It wasnt a kick. But not a twitch either. He tried to get good position for the pink and had to play a little cannon on a red. So he had to play it more pace and maybe pinch the pocket a little bit. At that stage of the match the wrong shot imo.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:It wasnt a kick. But not a twitch either. He tried to get good position for the pink and had to play a little cannon on a red. So he had to play it more pace and maybe pinch the pocket a little bit. At that stage of the match the wrong shot imo.

He should have made sure of the red

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:It wasnt a kick. But not a twitch either. He tried to get good position for the pink and had to play a little cannon on a red. So he had to play it more pace and maybe pinch the pocket a little bit. At that stage of the match the wrong shot imo.

Yes I agree. At that stage you cant take to much risks but he just said on Eurosport he felt he had to play that shot to get pos for the pink. It was a bad mistake and Higgins punished him.

But like I said yesterday. If Ronnie plays like he did against Ding and Higgins the signs are good for the next tournaments including the World Championship. There are not many matches in your career where your opponent plays as well as Higgins did yesterday, thats for sure.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yes I agree. At that stage you cant take to much risks but he just said on Eurosport he felt he had to play that shot to get pos for the pink. It was a bad mistake and Higgins punished him.

But like I said yesterday. If Ronnie plays like he did against Ding and Higgins the signs are good for the next tournaments including the World Championship. There are not many matches in your career where your opponent plays as well as Higgins did yesterday, thats for sure.

If he were to win another WC, I'd be ecstatic, I'd probably die of a heart attack cause from too much joy. :happy:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

He "just" needs one session of inspired Snooker each match, and then he can share the remaining ones and it'll be enough to win. And we've seen even if he has a bad one, he has the fighting qualities to recover. he was 7-2 and 8-4 down v MJW, 13-9 and 16-14 down to Selby and won them both matches.

Postby vodkadiet1

hendry_fan wrote:Nice summary. But very believable. Higgins at his best nearly always beats O'Sullivan in the more important matches. He just doesn't have the consistency these days that he used to have.

Thanx VD1. :happy: :cracker:

Hope your doin good,in spite of the tough times atm.

Before the match started,i really did,nt know what to expect,as John is incredibly unpredictable and as you wrote,he,s been very inconsistent for a long time.

I certainly did,nt expect him to play the way he did,probably no one did,in fact,i did have a feeling that he,d play at least decent,but i thought Ronnie would win,by only by a very small margin.

Higgins is one of the few players that is,nt afraid of the Ronster and that can put him under pressure,it,s high time that more players get rid of there fear factor against him,he,s been there for the takin on numerous aoccasions,but many have choked,bottled,crumbled and did,nt play like they can usualy.

That new cue Johns got must be a magic wand,since he,s had it,he,s been playing very well.

I did,nt watch any of that CL,i never do,but i look at the results,and he played very well in that tourney..

There,s no way he,ll play like he did last night tonight,or will he!, :chin: you just never know with the Wizard of Wishaw. <laugh>

He might serve up his C,D,E game,i have a feeling he,ll produce at least his B game tonight though.

His performance yesterday was a 1 in a blue moon one,but blue moons have been occuring more often of late,as i,ve seen a good few,so that might be a good omen. :-D

Gonna be very intrestin to see how he plays now and in the future,now that he,s found a magic wand again,lets hope he can keep the magic goin for many more years. :happy:[/quote]

I am glad you enjoyed the match HF. Don't get too drunk there are still a couple of matches left for Higgins to win. But yet again a prime Higgins proves he has O'Sullivan's measure.

:-D :-D :-D

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I enjoyed HF's post a great deal.

What a weekend of snooker we have in store!

A BIG Ta to you too Sir Dan- :cat: :clap: :happy:

Gotta salute your passion. Or rather your Scottishness. <laugh>

Caledonianism is the word, surely? :chin: