Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junh

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:6-5

Mate first warning, don't make me ban person who's running this prediciton contest.

But it’s going to be 6-5 no matter what

Can't argue with that, and a winner wasn't specified :shrug:

#triggerhappymods

Not about the winner, it's abouit posting a score that hasn't been completed yet.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I liked Colin's dig at the BBC.

Did they let him go? He used to be on MOTD2 didn't he?

(what was his dig?)

He said something like; "You could watch this again, couldn't you? Only this time it wouldn't be live.'

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie played great to win that. Let’s not admonish Ding too much, he missed one good chance and one half chance.

Indeed. Ding didn't do much wrong. Very hard to beat Ronnie when he's playing like this.

That last brown was a cry for help, though...

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie played great to win that. Let’s not admonish Ding too much, he missed one good chance and one half chance.

Indeed. Ding didn't do much wrong. Very hard to beat Ronnie when he's playing like this.

Yeah, that 2013 match was similar, although Ding bottled the decider. here he should have won 6-3, from the moment he missed that long red in the 9th frame, the fate was sealed.

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:I think Ronnies biggest challenge will be in the next round even though today was already tough obviously. But if he can overcome Higgins or Allen I think he'll go and win. Maybe even quite comfortably.

And should he do so, he’ll meet either Dave Gilbert or Kyren Wilson in the semis, who he’s got a 7-0 and 6-2 head to head record with, respectively.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I think Ronnies biggest challenge will be in the next round even though today was already tough obviously. But if he can overcome Higgins or Allen I think he'll go and win. Maybe even quite comfortably.

An inspired Murphy can be a dangerous opponent, we all saw how he won the 2015 Masters.

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:A 94% pot success is probably the highest Ronnie has achieved in a match so far this season. Practice doesn't necessarily make perfect, but it does make better...

No doubt. You could clearly see in this match he was much better in the balls.
At the Scottish Open or Grand Prix he was making 30's and 40's and then breaking down, either because of missing a sitter or playing a poor pos shot.