Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junh

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:funnily enough and despite his rubbish H2H record , should Ding win he would have had wins over Ronnie at the Worlds,UK and Masters.

I thought about this, Mark Allen also has wins against him at the Worlds and Masters, although his h2h isn't as bad as Ding's.

I would have given Ding's a good chance here, but his last 2 matches against ROS has made me doubt him.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:funnily enough and despite his rubbish H2H record , should Ding win he would have had wins over Ronnie at the Worlds,UK and Masters.

I thought about this, Mark Allen also has wins against him at the Worlds and Masters, although his h2h isn't as bad as Ding's.

I would have given Ding's a good chance here, but his last 2 matches against ROS has made me doubt him.

Dings record against Ronnie is a little bit like Binghams. 16:5 and 16:4 respectively. Ronnie dominated over them but the very few wins they have had against him were good ones. In Binghams case the 2015 WC quarters where he went on to win the World title and two matches at the UK. Ding had a win at the Worlds,UK and that ranking final way back in 2006.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:This has now become Ronnie's first event of the season that he could win without having to beat Judd or Selby along the way.

Or even Robertson, although his h2h over him is much better.

I somehow think he won't make the most of it.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/o-sullivan-about-time-i-burst-the-trump-robertson-and-selby-bubble-and-finally-won-a-trophy-190418610.html

Finally won a trophy?

He won one in August.

For a player with such high standards such as him, not winning a title for 5 months is already bad for his confidence.

He won't have to face any of those 3 to win this one, but can he do it?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/o-sullivan-about-time-i-burst-the-trump-robertson-and-selby-bubble-and-finally-won-a-trophy-190418610.html

Finally won a trophy?

He won one in August.

For a player with such high standards such as him, not winning a title for 5 months is already bad for his confidence.

He won't have to face any of those 3 to win this one, but can he do it?

Well, of course he can. He's the World Champion.

The question is will he?

*Being pedantic.

Postby Reg Varney

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Scooper wrote:Wonder what controversial Ronny will do this tournament

Say nothing, keep his head down, win the thing.

I'm sorry, it's the beer talking :gag:

Not a chance, it's on the BBC, he won't be able to help himself from winding them up or having fun at their expense like usual.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Reg Varney wrote:
Scooper wrote:I reckon Ding will kick off on Ronnie about something then lay into him in the interview after

Has Ding ever kicked off on anyone? Seems one of the nicest, calmest guys there is.

He did have that one episode where he was saying everything was rubbish. "Fans are rubbish, venue is rubbish, everything rubbish..."

I loved that.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:
Scooper wrote:I reckon Ding will kick off on Ronnie about something then lay into him in the interview after

Has Ding ever kicked off on anyone? Seems one of the nicest, calmest guys there is.

He did have that one episode where he was saying everything was rubbish. "Fans are rubbish, venue is rubbish, everything rubbish..."

I loved that.

I remember that. It was at the Crucible after bottling a lead against Ryan Day, of all people.