Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire

Postby Andre147

csprince wrote:it would be funny if selby read the comments on this forum.

It would give him confidence to put that dreadful record right.

Since 2017 his TC events record hasn't been good, it's not only The Masters. And apart from the world semi last season.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Selby’s Masters record has been dreadful since Ronnie beat him in 2014. Only three matches won.

He used to own this event.

Yeah, he had 3 titles, plus 2 other finals from 08 until 2014, and now look at his record.

Yeah very strange especially considering his overall dominance from 2014-2017. Probably the single-session matches did him no favours!

Postby TheRocket

When they met in the 2014 final, Ronnie had won 4 Masterstitles in his career, Selby 3 so Selby could have tied him. Since then Ronnie got to 7, Selby's still stuck on 3.

Ronnies definitely had problems against Selby over the years but in TC events the H2H is 6:4 for the Rocket, with Ronnie beating Selby 5 times on his way to a TC title (UK 07,Masters 09,14,16, WC 20) while Selby beat him in those three finals.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:When they met in the 2014 final, Ronnie had won 4 Masterstitles in his career, Selby 3 so Selby could have tied him. Since then Ronnie got to 7, Selby's still stuck on 3.

So another example of Ronnie beating Selby when he was in danger of Selby closing in on his title haul at a tournament.

Good stats TR <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Wowww!,what a great start to 2021. :cracker: :clap:

Very well done Mags.

I actualy saw the whole of the match.

When it went 5-3,i was rootin my socks off that Mags would get over the line,as i was knackered.

Correct me if i,m wrong,but i think that Selby finished with a pot success of only 87%,Mags was 91% and i,m sure Mags had a better safety success as well.

Mags was,nt on fire by any means,but he played ok,was good enuff to send the Jester packin. :happy:

Selbs only managed three 50+ breaks,Mags managed five 50+ers.