Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Shaun Murphy v Mark J William

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:*groan*

John Parrott.

Why you no on Eurosport?

Sat in my bedroom. Freeview telly.

What, you expect me to just stand up and walk into the other room?

No, I expect you to be carried by servants, befitting your status as the King of the Island

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:Williams leads Higgins 3:1 at the Crucible (H2H). Quite an interesting stat.

McManus has a winning H2H against Higgins at the Crucible, I think. I can recall him beating him a few times...

Postby TheRocket

SnookerEd25 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Williams leads Higgins 3:1 at the Crucible (H2H). Quite an interesting stat.

McManus has a winning H2H against Higgins at the Crucible, I think. I can recall him beating him a few times...

Yeah McManus also has a 3:1 lead. I think he played Higgins at the right time though. Higgins was a teenager in 1995 when he beat him in the 1st round and in 2014 and 2016 Higgins was in very poor form.

With Williams I'm surprised because he beat him in the semifinal 99 and 00 when Higgins was at the peak of his powers. Then he beat him in the 2018 final. So all of his three wins came in 4 session matches against a Higgins who was in very good shape.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Yeah McManus also has a 3:1 lead. I think he played Higgins at the right time though. Higgins was a teenager in 1995 when he beat him in the 1st round and in 2014 and 2016 Higgins was in very poor form.

With Williams I'm surprised because he beat him in the semifinal 99 and 00 when Higgins was at the peak of his powers. Then he beat him in the 2018 final. So all of his three wins came in 4 session matches against a Higgins who was in very good shape.

Yeah you make a good point. Just goes to show, between 1998-2003, Williams was by far the best player in the world.