Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Rnd: Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:They're obsessed by average shot time like that's something that matters.

I'd rather see players take a couple of extra seconds and play the shot properly. No point being fast if you keep bucking up.

I can understand it with players like Thep and Ronnie because they’re so fast. Or someone like MJW who looks so languid and casual but has a surprisingly low AST when in the balls.

It’s weirder when it’s two players who are like 21 and 22 seconds and the AST keeps popping up throughout the match.

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Rnd: Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:They're obsessed by average shot time like that's something that matters.

I'd rather see players take a couple of extra seconds and play the shot properly. No point being fast if you keep bucking up.

I can understand it with players like Thep and Ronnie because they’re so fast. Or someone like MJW who looks so languid and casual but has a surprisingly low AST when in the balls.

It’s weirder when it’s two players who are like 21 and 22 seconds and the AST keeps popping up throughout the match.

I also get it when it's a player like Ebdon who spent a week deciding whether to call heads or tails at the start of a match.

But it's not as big a deal as they make of it.