Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Rnd: Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:Anyone else feeing a bit flat about this years edition?

I said before that this of all tournaments should have been postponed until it could at leats be held with a crowd.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

I said before that this of all tournaments should have been postponed until it could at leats be held with a crowd.

That wasn't going to happen though. I mean, this whole
Covid situationn has been going on in the UK since February/March last year. We might not have a Masters this season at all if we wait for Uncle Boris to sort it out.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Covid situationn has been going on in the UK since February/March last year. We might not have a Masters this season at all if we wait for Uncle Boris to sort it out.

With the last Worlds being held in August, there’s a lot of scope to wait for things to improve particularly with the vaccine rollouts.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

With the last Worlds being held in August, there’s a lot of scope to wait for things to improve particularly with the vaccine rollouts.

Maybe.

But last year, the Summer Olympics and the Euros got moved. They had space in the BBC schedules to accommodate it. Even assuming in a couple of months we're all fine and Covid is extinct, would there be that scope this time? Remember, the BBC has the main say when tournaments are held.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Sound gone again. At least I have a picture - lost that for about 10mins not long ago.

Anyone else?

Watching on Iplayer

I got Eurosport on.

Sound back. Rollercoaster ride this; I bet I get sound & picture throughout the interval, then one or both will go again at the re-start of play <doh>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Maybe.

But last year, the Summer Olympics and the Euros got moved. They had space in the BBC schedules to accommodate it. Even assuming in a couple of months we're all fine and Covid is extinct, would there be that scope this time? Remember, the BBC has the main say when tournaments are held.

Fair points.

In terms of its effect on the health of the tour, the Masters is one of the ‘best’ tournaments to forego because it’s not like it would cost lower ranked players vital earning opportunities.