Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Rnd: Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Anyone else feeing a bit flat about this years edition?

I'm not really feeling it much either, but that should change when the tournament truly gets under way with Ronnie’s match.

Is that tonight?

If not, who is?

Tonight is Williams vs Murphy.

Oh not bad... Looking forward to that one now!

Ronnie is Wednesday afternoon, by ths way.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Thep is a step below Drago for me. The modern-day Drago is Lisowski.

Thep’s career so far has been a much bigger waste of talent than Lisowski’s but for some reason doesn’t get pilloried nearly as much. Maybe because he’s not as visible?

Lisowski has an excellent PR guru a Mr. ... (checks notes) ... Dan Catt <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Thep is a step below Drago for me. The modern-day Drago is Lisowski.

Thep’s career so far has been a much bigger waste of talent than Lisowski’s but for some reason doesn’t get pilloried nearly as much. Maybe because he’s not as visible?

Lisowski has an excellent PR guru a Mr. ... (checks notes) ... Dan Catt <ok>

rofl

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:The son has started watching the US Office. It's not as good as the original but it's still very good. He told me that I am Creed Bratton. I agree.

I’ve heard it gets better after a while as it finds its own voice rather than just aping the UK one (which funnily enough I watched for the first time in years last week). Mike Schur was a writer and producer on it until he left to make Parks and Rec and he’s probably the best comedy writer in the US today if you look at everything he’s done.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The son has started watching the US Office. It's not as good as the original but it's still very good. He told me that I am Creed Bratton. I agree.

I’ve heard it gets better after a while as it finds its own voice rather than just aping the UK one (which funnily enough I watched for the first time in years last week). Mike Schur was a writer and producer on it until he left to make Parks and Rec and he’s probably the best comedy writer in the US today if you look at everything he’s done.

First few episodes are total rubbish because the storylines are literally the exact same.

Then it gets very good.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:First few episodes are total rubbish because the storylines are literally the exact same.

Then it gets very good.

I’ll get around to it at some point, I’m sure.

I prefer Extras to the UK Office. The Office is probably ‘better’ but I find Extras more enjoyable.