Post a reply

Re: The Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'this year's Masters will be flat as a pancake'... Really Wild? Like the Worlds was flat?

The Worlds were played at the Crucible The Masters is played at a concentration Camp.

Jesus. What a terrible post. Image

Postby Alex0paul

Hopefully they still play the WC at the Crucible

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I have the week off work to watch this.

:guinness:

You always seem to have a week off work during Snooker tournaments lol.

I got a few more days I've got to take before the end of March.

*checks the calendar*

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:If we postpone it until the government has sorted Covid out, Greta Thunberg will be claiming a pension by the time we have it.

With a vaccine out and my mum having the vaccine on saturday in a town that is hardly infected so if they haven't got crowds and full crowds by next masters then there is something unbelievably wrong with whats going on here.

Re: Betfred Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Are they going for those dopey video montages again? They were really naff.

The cheesiest one was Ryan Day's, when it was just him doing up his bow-tie.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Are they going for those dopey video montages again? They were really naff.

To be fair though it does take him a long time. They had no choices in the edit

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think it's better it will be played in MK.

Would people have prefered it being played in an empty Alexandra Palace which holds more than 2000 people?

In that case, MK will serve just fine for the time being.

+1

should be cancelled pointless exercise

For a hardcore snooker fan you seem to get awfully distracted by all the rubbish we can't see, watch the table, the snooker, the players, there's still drama, you still get caught up in the action.

The volume of discussion on this forum back that up, and I haven't seen a single reputable point from anyone that this hinders the overall viewing experience (from home at least).

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Are they going for those dopey video montages again? They were really naff.

Maybe WST could arrange a deal with HappyCamper and use this...

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:I love The Masters. Pink Ball will go ape rubbish but it's probably my favourite tournament.

Over the Worlds?

Mate I’m gonna go apeshit.

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:I love The Masters. Pink Ball will go ape rubbish but it's probably my favourite tournament.

Spambot troll! :grrr:

Where’s Holden’s avatar? :chin:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:

Over the Worlds?

I love the Masters. I usually enjoy it at least as much as I do the Worlds.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:If we postpone it until the government has sorted Covid out, Greta Thunberg will be claiming a pension by the time we have it.

She already is, she is actually 72. She has a rare aging condition.

Postby Dragonfly

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Over the Worlds?

I love the Masters. I usually enjoy it at least as much as I do the Worlds.

I go along with this. Absolutely love the Masters. Never mind all the Riga open, German open type of events. The Masters is the real deal. The world's best competing for huge money. Many of the most thrilling matches I've seen have been at the Masters and live on in the memory for many years.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:You attend any match at the Masters, in any round, as I have, and it's like a final. Can't be beaten.

All those classic finals between Bingham and Thepchaiya

Postby Dan-cat

I remember attending a Robbo/Rocket Masters match a few years ago, a quarter I think, it was a strange match, flukes and weird run of the balls. Prob 2015/16. I loved it but I remember coming back on here after and raving about the match and everyone was saying it was rubbish, and that I had only enjoyed it because I was there. The thing is, for me, going to a live match like that - one table, full house, amazing atmosphere, incredible venue... well it's like taking mushrooms and climbing inside your TV set.

Afterwards I played killer pool at my local bar, £5 each in the pot, about ten pints in, and slayed everyone - won both games and walked out with £120. I had been so inspired by being up close and studying both the Rocket and Robbo's cue action and timing.... that despite being super drunk I literally couldn't miss. I even remember a double I played into a middle pocket, from the top cushion (incredibly narrow angle) to win a match. Good times.

Postby Dan-cat

Another time at the Masters was when my mate was there with his dad for the day, I didn't have a ticket, but I went up there to meet them between sessions and have a few drinks. My lovely friend had only got me a ticket without me knowing. It was Ding / Brecelery

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:I love the Masters but as good as the Worlds?

Getthefuckouttahere

The Masters for a few years was struggling a bit Wembley Arena did not Work after the conference centre but Alexandra Palace and the Masters have built up a great link with the history surrounding Ally Pally and the History of the Masters unfortunately this year will be so different.

But the World Championship still on a different planet.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:You attend any match at the Masters, in any round, as I have, and it's like a final. Can't be beaten.

All those classic finals between Bingham and Thepchaiya

Lolz. Have you been?

Yea but only to the Wembley Arena a few times when I was at uni