Post a reply

Betfred Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 10th~Sunday 17th of January at The Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes

Masters Countdown Clock

Last year's Masters was electric with a Great atmosphere at Alexandra Palace. This year's Masters will be Different but we got to try and do the best we can with a very poor situation.

After missing last year Ronnie O'Sullivan is back and Back as World Champion for the first time in 7 years and will be playing Ding Junhui

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh and Yan Bingtao will be making their debut with Thepchaiya taking on Stuart Bingham the defending champion.

Who will win the 47th and very different staging of this Great event?

DRAW
Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Shaun Murphy v Mark Williams
Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire
Neil Robertson v Yan Bingtao
----------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v David Gilbert
Kyren Wilson v Jack Lisowski
John Higgins v Mark Allen
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: The Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby Alex0paul

TheRocket wrote:Will Ronnie and John finally meet for the first time in a TC event since 2011?

:no:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Will Ronnie and John finally meet for the first time in a TC event since 2011?

I'd say we're likely to see Allen v ROS in the Quarter-Finals, which isn't bad considering how their last match ended...

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:'this year's Masters will be flat as a pancake'... Really Wild? Like the Worlds was flat?

The Worlds were played at the Crucible The Masters is played at a concentration Camp.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'this year's Masters will be flat as a pancake'... Really Wild? Like the Worlds was flat?

The Worlds were played at the Crucible The Masters is played at a concentration Camp.

Haha ok good point.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Haha ok good point.

No it’s not a good point. Comparing an sporting arena and hotel with a concentration camp is downright offensive.

Postby SnookerFan

Yes, a concentration camp is a tad worse than the Marshall Arena.

Those who have been in both, I'd guess the majority would say they'd prefer to stay in a Hilton hotel. Just call it a hunch.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Yes, a concentration camp is a tad worse than the Marshall Arena.

Those who have been in both, I'd guess the majority would say they'd prefer to stay in a Hilton hotel. Just call it a hunch.

there is a doubletree hilton at stadium mk,

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yes, a concentration camp is a tad worse than the Marshall Arena.

Erm. Yeah.

That's why I said it.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Erm. Yeah.

That's why I said it.

it's good, you get a free freshly baked cookie on check-in.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:I have the week off work to watch this.

:guinness:

You always seem to have a week off work during Snooker tournaments lol.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Erm. Yeah.

That's why I said it.

it's good, you get a free freshly baked cookie on check-in.

Which I don't think you got at check-in at concentration camps.

Ergo - MK is better than a concentration camp.

Postby Andre147

I think it's better it will be played in MK.

Would people have prefered it being played in an empty Alexandra Palace which holds more than 2000 people?

In that case, MK will serve just fine for the time being.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Haha ok good point.

No it’s not a good point. Comparing an sporting arena and hotel with a concentration camp is downright offensive.

tough this whole situation is offensive that i have to wear bucking masks

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:I think it's better it will be played in MK.

Would people have prefered it being played in an empty Alexandra Palace which holds more than 2000 people?

+1

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

+1

should be cancelled pointless exercise

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

+1

I just don't get where you are coming from. The wall to wall snooker we had in the run up to Christmas was amazing. Can't wait for the Masters.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

+1

I just don't get where you are coming from. The wall to wall snooker we had in the run up to Christmas was amazing. Can't wait for the Masters.

there is no atmosphere there its like playing a morgue on loop week in week out.

I Fully understand the reasoning for it its cheaper to stay there than travel with no gate money cumming in so its fully understandable why but for me the masters is different and without full experience what does it really mean to win it? its not part of work schedule of ranking events its a rich event for the rich.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Haha ok good point.

You can disagree about masks being useful in these times, that's up to you. I'm not going to argue. You have every right to your opinion.

I will however disagree with you that wearing a mask is comparable to the atrocities of Auschwitz. Is that what you're claiming?

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:No it’s not a good point. Comparing an sporting arena and hotel with a concentration camp is downright offensive.

Are you seriously suggesting that wearing a mask is akin to the Holocaust?

bucking seriously?

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:should be cancelled pointless exercise

there is no atmosphere there its like playing a morgue on loop week in week out.

I Fully understand the reasoning for it its cheaper to stay there than travel with no gate money cumming in so its fully understandable why but for me the masters is different and without full experience what does it really mean to win it? its not part of work schedule of ranking events its a rich event for the rich.

I do agree with you mostly on this. I think I mentioned before that the Masters needs a crowd more than any other tournament bar maybe the Worlds. And like you say it’s a top 16 event so it’s not like World Snooker are helping lower-ranked players make a living during difficult times by holding it now. It should definitely have been postponed in my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

If we postpone it until the government has sorted Covid out, Greta Thunberg will be claiming a pension by the time we have it.