Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Snooker 2021 !!

Postby Andre147

2-2, Wilson scoring like mad, now holds the record for most centuries in a tournament, 23.

Either of them deserve it really, I'll be happy if either wins, both in terrific form.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dan-cat wrote:So are we really counting this record of 23 in one tournament? I mean, obviously, the record books will count it. But he's played in 5 groups. And it's the Champions League.

I was thinking that. It would be a great record if it was in 2 groups maybe 3 at a push.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Reminds me of when Robbo got his 103 in one season, 22 of those were in the champions league and he played in five groups.

Well that 22 was recognised as the previous record so I guess it would be a bit harsh not to include these!

Postby Andre147

Yes gutting for MJW, but Kyren did very well, recovered from 2-0 down in his last 3 matches to win the title.

And yes, obviously the 23 come in the CL with 5 groups played.

If you discount CL, Hendry holds the record, 16 centuries at the 2002 World Champs.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Yes gutting for MJW, but Kyren did very well, recovered from 2-0 down in his last 3 matches to win the title.

If you discount CL, Hendry holds the record, 16 centuries at the 2002 World Champs.

Ding Actually did make 18 in the 2016 World Championship in 8 matches 15 at the Crucible.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Yes gutting for MJW, but Kyren did very well, recovered from 2-0 down in his last 3 matches to win the title.

Let's count that one then.

Postby Reg Varney

Dan-cat wrote:

Let's count that one then.

+1

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Ding Actually did make 18 in the 2016 World Championship in 8 matches 15 at the Crucible.

Thanks for the info. I guess it depends what you want to count.

But Kyren holds the outright record now.

Postby Juddernaut88

I was so gutted Ding lost that final in 2016. He went 6-0 down and then was trailing only 8-7. Then it was 10-7. Everytime Ding got close Selby kept pulling away again.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:That was the year Ding had to play three qualifiers and he made the final... the start of the watache threads, and he kept hold of that thread right to the end!

That was the second year we did The Watch threads. The original one was Reanne Evans.