Post a reply

Re: Matchroom World Grand Prix Last 16 !!!!!

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:Jill you’ve just bucking watched how do you not know their names.

i'm guessing she's not on your christmas card list.

Postby mantorok

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

What she say this time?

Zhao Yuelong? rofl

Bizarrely she called him Dave Harold

And there was me thinking she hasn’t improved.

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:Im set for the evening session. But I can’t decide whether to order a curry or not.

Order a curry.

Done.

Yeah but then deciding what to order. It’s a bit of a rabbit hole tbf

Bhuna.

Pilau rice.

Peshwari naan.

Done.

Postby lhpirnie

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Ohhh nooo Higgins is going to win this isn't he? :(

Maybe not :happy: take a bow Zhao Xintong. Beautiful red that was.

Yes he managed to hold himself together well at the end. Great win, he should benefit from the experience. They won't interview him, but would be interested to know his thinking at various parts of that match.

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:

Well, no. But in fairness I don’t give anyone Christmas caeds.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:

Well, no. But in fairness I don’t give anyone Christmas caeds.

or cards

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:Im set for the evening session. But I can’t decide whether to order a curry or not.

Order a curry.

Done.

Bhuna.

Pilau rice.

Peshwari naan.

Done.

Hmm lamb bhuna sounds good. I always order 2 to get the delivery. What should the other curry be?

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Yes he managed to hold himself together well at the end. Great win, he should benefit from the experience. They won't interview him, but would be interested to know his thinking at various parts of that match.

I don’t think it’s the broadcasters’ choice not to interview, you know. You always seem upset by this but Goldstein mentioned in the Scottish that one of the players wasn’t coming in because his English wasn’t strong enough.

Postby LDS

lhpirnie wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Postby csprince

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Order a curry.

Done.

Bhuna.

Pilau rice.

Peshwari naan.

Done.

Hmm lamb bhuna sounds good. I always order 2 to get the delivery. What should the other curry be?

vindaloo madras korma balti jalfrezi. the world is your lobster.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

I don’t think it’s the broadcasters’ choice not to interview, you know. You always seem upset by this but Goldstein mentioned in the Scottish that one of the players wasn’t coming in because his English wasn’t strong enough.

They could have a translator, they've had it before. I guess no translator is there due to Covid.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Order a curry.

Done.

Bhuna.

Pilau rice.

Peshwari naan.

Done.

Pilau rice is nice :)

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Yes, Andy Goldstein did say Li Hang's English wasn't good enough. I assume they did ask him, and it wasn't just ES's 'judgement'. He did give an interview in Chinese (https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/18 ... 0747816312). They should at least make it clear who's decision it is.

Zhao Xintong does speak decent English, probably about as good as Hossein Vafaei, who they interviewed earlier.

The thing is, the overseas players depend on sponsorship to be able to afford to come here, and they also need to develop a fan base in the UK, where most of the matches are. It's important for interviews to be available, and broadcasters should be really trying to find a way to do it.
Last edited by lhpirnie on 17 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:Yes, Andy Goldstein did say Li Hang's English wasn't good enough. I assume they did ask him, and it wasn't just ES's 'judgement'. He did give an interview in Chinese (https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/18 ... 0747816312). They should at least make it clear who's decision it is.

Zhao Xintong does speak decent English, probably about as good as Hossein Vafaei, who they interviewed earlier.

The thing is, the overseas players depend on sponsorship to be able to afford to come here, and they also need to develop a fan base in the UK, where most of the matches are. It's important for interviews to be available, and broadcasters should be really trying to find a way to do it.

Why should they make it clear whose decision it is? You’re the only person I’ve come across who seems to care. They explained his English wasn’t good enough, I’m not sure it makes a difference who made that call. (I don’t mean this to sound rude I just don’t think it matters.)

Well in the past I’ve seen Chinese players have their interviews translated (is it their manager, that woman who’s done it? I’m sure you know who I mean) but I guess that’s more difficult with restrictions and that’s assuming she’s even in the country. I guess they could maybe have other players do the translating.

Don’t forget they don’t always interview straight after the match depending on how late it finishes and other matches etc. We might get Zhao’s post-match during this evening’s coverage, if his English is as good as you say.