Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Until those last two frames, this was probably one of the worst sessions these two have had against each other.

But one century each to finish it off was just what this final needed quality wise.

Postby Juddernaut88

One positive is that Judd hasn't allowed Ronnie to win consecutive frames. He's managed to respond everytime he's won a frame. I hope he can continue that this evening. Once Ronnie wins consecutive frames that's where it becomes worrying signs.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:One positive is that Judd hasn't allowed Ronnie to win consecutive frames. He's managed to respond everytime he's won a frame. I hope he can continue that this evening. Once Ronnie wins consecutive frames that's where it becomes worrying signs.

What if Ronnie wins consecutive frames once he's 8-3 down? Still worrying for you? :chin:

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:One positive is that Judd hasn't allowed Ronnie to win consecutive frames. He's managed to respond everytime he's won a frame. I hope he can continue that this evening. Once Ronnie wins consecutive frames that's where it becomes worrying signs.

What if Ronnie wins consecutive frames once he's 8-3 down? Still worrying for you? :chin:

If Ronnie was 8-3 down and got it back to 8-6 then I'd be feeling concerned.

Postby Cloud Strife

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

If Ronnie was 8-3 down and got it back to 8-6 then I'd be feeling concerned.

Relax.

Judd’s got this match sewn up. No way he loses from this position. <ok>

Postby D4P

Apparently, Ronnie went in off when potting the final black of the 8th frame, meaning that he made a break of 130 (instead of 137) and that Judd scored 7 points in that frame.

On a related note, it annoys me when the camera cuts away from the cue ball after the final black has been potted, since there's always a chance that the cue ball will go into a pocket (especially when the shot was played "exhibition style").

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:Apparently, Ronnie went in off when potting the final black of the 8th frame, meaning that he made a break of 130 (instead of 137) and that Judd scored 7 points in that frame.

On a related note, it annoys me when the camera cuts away from the cue ball after the final black has been potted, since there's always a chance that the cue ball will go into a pocket (especially when the shot was played "exhibition style").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQ28Yu_J0U
never gets old.

Postby badtemperedcyril

D4P wrote:On a related note, it annoys me when the camera cuts away from the cue ball after the final black has been potted, since there's always a chance that the cue ball will go into a pocket (especially when the shot was played "exhibition style").

It's shoddy camera work, not by the camera operator but by the people in the TV production room who choose the camera shots throughout the game. Unfortunately, they are obsessed with he ball going in the hole and not the path of the cue-ball, or, the player. I prefer a side on shot of the striker where you get to see their stance and also their cueing (the main camera achieves this, usually). All too often they use the "face on" camera (the ones operated by two men by either top pocket) so all you can see is the players mug shot. Utterly pointless.

Postby Andre147

Nothing wrong with Ronnie's long potting and safety stats, but missing far too many sitters.

Needs to cut that out or Trump wins his 3rd title in a row.

By the way, Hendry was the last one to do it, but Ronnie himself won the Shanghai Masters 3 times on the bounce, but the first title was ranker, and the other two weren't.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Interesting tactics by Ronnie so far

welcome back mate!

How do you see this one going?

Good to see you too :-)

Trump was always going to be favourite, he's the most consistent player out there at the moment. His scoring is very good and his safety game is up there with the very best.

Ronnie will have to hang on early on and then pull out something special. Just like in a certain semi final :-D :-D :-D What a win that was, I'm still buzzing thinking about it!