Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Big challenge tomorrow. Ronnie will have to play at the peak of his powers tomorrow to beat Trump.

Depends if Trump ups his game.

Both Judd and Ronnie have been average this week, those last five frames from Ronnie were easily the best either of them has played in this tournament.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Big challenge tomorrow. Ronnie will have to play at the peak of his powers tomorrow to beat Trump.

Hopefully that's the case.

Nobody has lost a Final in the same tournament to the same player 3 years in a row since White in 92-94 Worlds.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:

Depends if Trump ups his game.

Both Judd and Ronnie have been average this week, those last five frames from Ronnie were easily the best either of them has played in this tournament.

Agreed.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Nobody has lost a Final in the same tournament to the same player 3 years in a row since White in 92-94 Worlds.

well luckily this isnt the World Championship.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

well luckily this isnt the World Championship.

Higgins felt something similar at the Worlds, just not to the same player.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:

The 2019 NI Open was actually the last time Ronnie and Judd played each other, just over a year ago now.

Postby rekoons

So... I had only time to watach the pre MSI snooker. Then had to go away and suddenly Ronnie clicks. Seems like I missed out (again) on a good live performance. lol

Maybe I shouldn’t watach him play live if I want him to win.

Postby Andre147

rekoons wrote:So... I had only time to watach the pre MSI snooker. Then had to go away and suddenly Ronnie clicks. Seems like I missed out (again) on a good live performance. lol

Maybe I shouldn’t watach him play live if I want him to win.

Don't watch the Final then tomorrow, good omen it seems. <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:One thing that Old Ronnie seems to do much better than Young Ronnie is to fight back to make the match competitive after falling behind early.

If he had that mindset right from the start he would have been an unbelievable machine and murdered the opposition even more. Imagine a younger ROS in his prime with current mindset but it is what it is.

But he did well since 2011 to win the titles he has and get to this position

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:
D4P wrote:One thing that Old Ronnie seems to do much better than Young Ronnie is to fight back to make the match competitive after falling behind early.

If he had that mindset right from the start he would have been an unbelievable machine and murdered the opposition even more. Imagine a younger ROS in his prime with current mindset but it is what it is.

But he did well since 2011 to win the titles he has and get to this position, winning so many titles he has.

And if he had won more from an earlier age, maybe he would have burned out by now and retired. Who knows. In any event, it's fun to see him win so many matches these days after falling behind.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

But he did well since 2011 to win the titles he has and get to this position, winning so many titles he has.

And if he had won more from an earlier age, maybe he would have burned out by now and retired. Who knows. In any event, it's fun to see him win so many matches these days after falling behind.

Also he’d probably be nowhere near as popular.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
D4P wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Also he’d probably be nowhere near as popular.

That's what I was going to say.

Being unpredictable is what made Ronnie O'Sullivan the player we know today.