Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby chengdufan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:They could always get our good mate John Virgo to replace Studd :)

No way would Virgo commit to the ES schedule.

I’d quite like to see what Michael McMullen’s like because he knows as much as Yates but doesn’t speak like a pin end.

Failing that I dunno who else could join as a journalist analyst. Angles could possibly fill the role as he knows more than most players. Dale too.

I have watched some American Pool tournaments with McMullen on commentary & he’s very good. I’ve long wondered why he doesn’t do snooker commentary, perhaps he just hasn’t had the break he needs...

A lot of others have had a go. He's just been waiting to get to the front of the cue.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's riding around in a scooter?

Yeah. He was interviewed by Angles the other day and it started beeping in the background because it needed charging or something rofl

Ronnie and Ali are currently on ‘speaking terms’.

Postby TheRocket

The H2H between them is so one sided. Ding is a superb breakbuilder himself and plays a similar type of game, you'd expect it to be closer.

No doubt the Masters final 2007 has played a big part in that. That was one of the best ever displays from ROS and it affected Ding for quite some time when he met ROS.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:The H2H between them is so one sided. Ding is a superb breakbuilder himself and plays a similar type of game, you'd expect it to be closer.

No doubt the Masters final 2007 has played a big part in that. That was one of the best ever displays from ROS and it affected Ding for quite some time when he met ROS.

Yeah definitely think that match affected Ding not just against Ronnie but in general. It seemed almost impossible to break his confidence up to that point.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The H2H between them is so one sided. Ding is a superb breakbuilder himself and plays a similar type of game, you'd expect it to be closer.

But that seems to have gone now, since Ding's 2017 WC win he's playing confidently against Ronnie.