Post a reply

Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd of November at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

It's Quarter-Finals time, and 2 time defending champion Judd Trump still here playing Scott Donaldson, who finally beat his nemesis Mark Allen. David Grace in his first ranking event quarter-final since he made the semis of the UK Championship in 2015, up against Yan Bingtao.

Ali Carter plays this year's Crucible quarter-finalist Kurt Maflin, and we also have a rematch of the World Champs 2nd round match this year between Ding Junhui, and current world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who shall make it to the Semi-Finals?

DRAW

Quarter-Finals

Judd Trump v Scott Donaldson Trump leads 3-1
David Grace v Yan Bingtao Bingtao leads 1-0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ali Carter v Kurt Maflin Carter leads 4-2
Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leds 14-5

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Still a long way to go, but if we have another ROS v Trump final for the 3rd consecutive year, well.... I don't think it's happened since Hendry v White at the Worlds between 1992-1994.

Postby TheRocket

Bingtao has no chance of beating Trump. He is scared of him which isnt that much of a suprise as Trump leads the H2H 6:0.

Trump for me is already in the final. Its about who he'll play there. I think it will be Ronnie but Ding is a very close second favourite. Carter has a small chance.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Bingtao has no chance of beating Trump. He is scared of him which isnt that much of a suprise as Trump leads the H2H 6:0.

Trump for me is already in the final. Its about who he'll play there. I think it will be Ronnie but Ding is a very close second favourite. Carter has a small chance.

Ding is playing great stuff, so wouldn't surprise me if he beat Ronnie. But I think we'll see another Trump v ROS final.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Bingtao has no chance of beating Trump. He is scared of him which isnt that much of a suprise as Trump leads the H2H 6:0.

Don't think it would be that much of a slam dunk. The world second-round match was by far the most composed Bingtao looked against Trump. He's going in the right direction against him.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

Ding is playing great stuff, so wouldn't surprise me if he beat Ronnie. But I think we'll see another Trump v ROS final.

Ding’s played far better than Ronnie so far this tournament.

Should be a great match.

Postby Prop

Cloud Strife wrote:I suspect Ding will get the better of Ronnie this time around. Seems to be in better form from what little I've seen of them this tournament.

I think you’re probably right. Unless Ronnie raises his game from now on and cuts out the silly mistakes (which we do know he’s capable of doing at the drop of a hat) I can see Ding being the player that makes 70+ from his chances, whereas Ronnie looks like he’s needing two or three bites at the cherry to get the frame won.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:People are already talking about Judd Trump vs Yan Bingtao semi final but Judd has to do the business today first. Can't take Donaldson lightly. On his day he is capable of beating anyone.

Well Scott's just hit the blue full ball from the break off and left Judd a great chance, so maybe he can!

Postby Prop

HustleKing wrote:Kinda want Ronnie to get to the final in case Judd does.

Really worried about Judd overtaking Ronnie's ranker haul before he retires :sad:

Judd has won 18 ranking titles in a 15 year professional career. That’s 1.2 rankers a season.

Ronnie has won 37 ranking titles in a 28 year professional career. That’s just over 1.3 rankers a season.

It could be close. There’s going to be a period of time where Judd’s competition isn’t as strong as it is now. And Judd’s strike rate over the last couple of seasons has been phenomenal. If he carries that standard on it would surely be inevitable. On the other hand, Ronnie’s longevity is exceptional, so there’s no guarantee Judd’s career will span as many seasons at a comparable standard and strike rate.

Postby Iranu

In frame two, first the table rolls off for Scott leaving Judd a chance, then Judd gets one of the worst kicks I’ve ever seen on a black which sees the black miss the pocket by about 8 inches.

50-29 to Scott

Postby Cloud Strife

Prop wrote:
HustleKing wrote:Kinda want Ronnie to get to the final in case Judd does.

Really worried about Judd overtaking Ronnie's ranker haul before he retires :sad:

Judd has won 18 ranking titles in a 15 year professional career. That’s 1.2 rankers a season.

Ronnie has won 37 ranking titles in a 28 year professional career. That’s just over 1.3 rankers a season.

It could be close. There’s going to be a period of time where Judd’s competition isn’t as strong as it is now. And Judd’s strike rate over the last couple of seasons has been phenomenal. If he carries that standard on it would surely be inevitable. On the other hand, Ronnie’s longevity is exceptional, so there’s no guarantee Judd’s career will span as many seasons at a comparable standard and strike rate.

There are also alot of tin-pot rankers to go at nowadays like Gibraltar, Riga etc so Judd does have a good chance to overhaul Ronnie at some point. He probably will tbh.