Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

Not sure if Carter is scoring good enough to really threaten Ronnie. I think Ronnie will win, something like 6:3/6:4. Trump should win his match whoever he plays in his semi final. There is even a chance he might play Grace and not Bingtao.

Trump vs ROS is destined to happen now I think.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:He opened the door through overconfidence and his head dropped when he suffered those consequences. His demeanour was different. His shot selection on a couple of safeties was bizarre for a play of his quality.

He was beaten once it went 2-3.

Every time Ding loses it’s because “his head dropped”. It’s the new “Ronnie only loses when his head’s not right.”

Look at Ding’s shot selection from frame 1. That yellow after his first red was pretty low percentage really and would have left the game on. The shot to play was probably off the brown and in behind the yellow. But he sailed it in so it wasn’t a problem.

Likewise the black into the pack off the side cushion. No need to play it and because it didn’t come off he got pilloried for it. Same again with knocking the red off the cushion - he didn’t land on a red so it became the wrong shot when he overcut the pot.

Rightly or wrongly he was playing nonchalantly for the entire match, from ball one. Even the long red he smacked in in frame two (I think) was reminiscent of Ronnie’s at the end of the WC semi. He then played a similar shot in one of the last frames and missed.

Who knows what his safeties would have been like in the first few frames, he barely played one. I suspect it would have been no different.
Last edited by Iranu on 20 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Not sure if Carter is scoring good enough to really threaten Ronnie. I think Ronnie will win, something like 6:3/6:4. Trump should win his match whoever he plays in his semi final. There is even a chance he might play Grace and not Bingtao.

Foulds said Ronnie would have to play better to beat Carter. On today’s form I completely disagree. Carter was bang average and was continually let off the hook by a Maflin who was unable to take numerous chances. Ronnie’s long game was inconsistent but he was better than Carter. If they play like they did today you’d fancy Ronnie to win handily.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:Not sure if Carter is scoring good enough to really threaten Ronnie. I think Ronnie will win, something like 6:3/6:4. Trump should win his match whoever he plays in his semi final. There is even a chance he might play Grace and not Bingtao.

Trump vs Carter more likely, Ronnie has no chance...lol

Postby Prop

Carter really gets a boner for playing Ronnie. That Crucible match was a prime example. He’s visibly much more intense whenever he plays him. I don’t think it’ll be one sided.

Postby TheRocket

Prop wrote:Carter really gets a boner for playing Ronnie. That Crucible match was a prime example. He’s visibly much more intense whenever he plays him. I don’t think it’ll be one sided.

He is but it hasnt really helped him. ROS destroyed him throughout his career. Bar that famous match in 2018 which Carter won and beat Ronnie for the first and so far only time in his 17th attempt.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:I didn’t pay much attention to twatfaces matches is he on form enough to beat Ronnie then?

Manty outright player insults are not ok. Thanks.

Is it technically an insult if it’s an accurate description?

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:I didn’t pay much attention to twatfaces matches is he on form enough to beat Ronnie then?

rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

It's an insult and it's not ok.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
...And Ronnie showed him love and kindness.

Oh he did. It was one of his best moments, in my view.

Never understood how the crowd that night were left off the hook. Never went back to the Masters after that.

Struggle to think of when a player has shown so much compassion in public.

It didn't come from nowhere. What happened that night was shameful. Nobody bothered their bottom reporting it as such.

How was it racist?

Someone in the arena showed Ding the colours of the Taiwanese flag.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
...And Ronnie showed him love and kindness.

Oh he did. It was one of his best moments, in my view.

Never understood how the crowd that night were left off the hook. Never went back to the Masters after that.

Struggle to think of when a player has shown so much compassion in public.

It didn't come from nowhere. What happened that night was shameful. Nobody bothered their bottom reporting it as such.

How was it racist?

Do you consider the term “ch**k” racist? I think I heard it 3 or 4 times that night, usually followed with a curse word.

Chinese bastard?

Chinese c*nt?

Postby Andre147

So you were there at the Wembley arena Pinks?

But yeah, anyone who says there weren't any racist comments towards Ding is deluded, plus him already being 9-3 down or something like that didnt help.