Post a reply

Re: Northern Ireland Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby mack501

Patrick Wallace 2-0 up against Farakh Ajaib.

When he was at the World's used to nickname Patrick 'Big Ears'. I was 7 at the time when he qualified.

Postby cupotee

Alex0paul wrote:Boiko way out of his depth imo

Kacper filipiak’s got clobbered in 6 of the 7 matches he’s played this season and the other he lost 4 - 2 , so the moral of my story is what difference does it make :|

until today , overlooked that , not bad , still applies though

Postby cupotee

cupotee wrote:

Kacper filipiak’s got clobbered in 6 of the 7 matches he’s played this season and the other he lost 4 - 2 , so the moral of my story is what difference does it make :|

until the last 64 german masters , overlooked that , not bad , still applies though

Postby Alex0paul

cupotee wrote:

What?

Postby cupotee

Alex0paul wrote:
cupotee wrote:

What?

i know i got his win over luo honghao messed up with today , his record is still crap though after around a decade of knocking around the pro tour so if boiko can muster up one win out of the first 8 at the start of the 2030 / 31 season he's at least as good as filipiak .

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:'Ronnie O’Sullivan insists he is ‘not actually that bothered’ about winning the Northern Ireland Open this week, saying the only events he is interested in this season are the World and UK Championships'.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/17/ronnie-o ... to=cbshare

At this stage of his career, who can blame him?

I still think he might pick up a trophy this season outside of those two events, but obviously successfully defending his world title is all it matters.

Does it even matter, really?

Personally I don’t give much of a rubbish if he loses every match from here until the end of the season after winning his 6th World Title.

Yeah, I'm of the same feeling, the 6th title just seemed fitting to be up their with the other greats of the game, losing in 2014 and managing to win it 6 years later I think made it all the more sweeter, not the mention the strength of the path to win it.

Sure, 7 would be nice and he'd topple Hendry, but I think even he has to be happy enough reaching 6.

I do agree with this.

Him winning a 6th title was dream stuff and I'm more than satisfied if he ends his career on 6.

But of course he's only within 1 one Hendry, so it's natural his fans want him to tie that record. Whether he does it or not is another matter.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:I do agree with this.

Him winning a 6th title was dream stuff and I'm more than satisfied if he ends his career on 6.

But of course he's only within 1 one Hendry, so it's natural his fans want him to tie that record. Whether he does it or not is another matter.

It almost feels as if reaching 6 would be a harder achievement than clinching the 7th, if that makes sense? I guess it all depends if he now feels the pressure is off a bit and he can just roll the dice for the next 5 years and the 7th may just "happen".

I do think that having the 6th will wet his appetite for a 7th, that's only natural and who knows, a kind draw or an inspired performance could make that happen. After everything at the last WC anything can happen.

Still, as a fan it doesn't feel like he's underachieved (he hadn't anyway that's just what it felt like) now that the 6th has been secured.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I do agree with this.

It almost feels as if reaching 6 would be a harder achievement than clinching the 7th, if that makes sense? I guess it all depends if he now feels the pressure is off a bit and he can just roll the dice for the next 5 years and the 7th may just "happen".

I do think that having the 6th will wet his appetite for a 7th, that's only natural and who knows, a kind draw or an inspired performance could make that happen. After everything at the last WC anything can happen.

Still, as a fan it doesn't feel like he's underachieved (he hadn't anyway that's just what it felt like) now that the 6th has been secured.

Him winning his 6th was him rolling the dice really. He wasn’t really looking like a World Champion until that legendary match against Selby in the semi. It wasn’t exactly his worst season up to that point, but it would have been a tough call to say earlier in the season that he’d go on and win the worlds.

But we know that as long as he’s in the game and putting the work in, every now and then he can find the sort of game he played much more consistently around say 2008 and 2012. And like you say, it could be that psychologically getting that 6th was the biggest challenge. Maybe now his mindset is that he’s just got to keep chipping away for one more, and potentially between now and the point his game permanently deserts him (or he permanently deserts the game) things will happen for him again.