Post a reply

Matchroom.live Northern Ireland Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd of November at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

So the Northern Ireland Open previous two year won by Judd Trump when it was actually in Northern Ireland.

This year they have moved the whole Snooker World to Milton Keynes and the ongoing Snooker tour of milton keynes continues.

Judd Trump will be defending his title against strong opposition from Neil Robertson, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby amongst others in total 123 main tour players have entered with 2 NI Wild Cards and 3 Top up players including Michael White.

Who will reach the last 64 with the Alex Higgins trophy up for grabs for the eventual winner.

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Judd Trump v Gerard Greene
Luca Brecel v Kacper Filipiak
Jack Lisowski v Ashley Carty
Martin Gould v Jamie Clarke
Zhou Yuelong v Jimmy White
Mark Allen v Anthony Hamilton
Ken Doherty v Chris Wakelin
Barry Hawkins v Alan McManus
Iulian Boiko v Michael White
Yan Bingtao v Peter Lines
Zhao Xintong Si Jiahui
Mark Selby v Andrew Higginson
Ben Woollaston v Ricky Walden
Mark J Williams v Jamie Jones
Mark Joyce v Dominic Dale
Akani Songsermsawad v Jordan Brown
Graeme Dott v Igor Figueiredo
Stuart Bingham v Oliver Lines
Aaron Hill v Jackson Page
James Cahill v Lyu Haotian
Shaun Murphy v Ryan Day
John Higgins v Daniel Wells
Ding Junhui v Eden Sharav
Martin O'Donnell v Lu Ning
Allan Taylor v Hossein Vafaei
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Peter Devlin
Matthew Stevens v Jimmy Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jamie O'Neill

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Northern Ireland Open Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Imagine Mark Allen winning the tournament, when it's not played on Northern Ireland <laugh>

Honestly he’ll probably do much better than if it was. He’s never coped well with the home crowd.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:He reached the semis in 2007

And that's about it, so he's never really done himself justice at his home event.

Postby Iranu

One SF and two QFs is a terrible record and speaks to my point about his bottle being overrated.

Postby Alex0paul

Iranu wrote:

One SF and two QFs is a terrible record and speaks to my point about his bottle being overrated.

Better record than Mark Selby and Neil Robertson

Postby HappyCamper

Three quarters and one semi in eight attempts is actually pretty decent though. Most years there hasn't actually been anything in NI, I don't think.

That's probably about in line Allen's overall strike rate.

Postby LC

I don’t think any player in the top 32 will feel any pressure, unless they haven’t won a ranking tournament, because this sterile drab environment makes it just like a knock in the club, having a big crowd is a definite factor in the history of snooker why the people who’ve won the most have done so.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:Are the Ronnie fans nervous about the potential for a second round clash with his nemesis, Slessor?

Will Ronnie ever beat Slasher Slessor again?

Postby D4P

The_Abbott wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Are the Ronnie fans nervous about the potential for a second round clash with his nemesis, Slessor?

Will Ronnie ever beat Slasher Slessor again?

Ronnie would have to beat Slessor once before being able to beat him again...

Postby TheSaviour

As it progresses we will be seeing at least John Higgins going for it, most likely Mark Allen also. Interesting to see if Shaun Murphy can mouth a challenge now.

I will be following it via live stream from friday to sunday. If I am still alive and going strong. I will strongly be expecting John Higgins to be there then.

Kyren will probably bow out a bit earlier. He hee. Tse safety-game solely won´t be just enough.

Ronnie doesn´t posses any threat now, he really has been a well below (new) par now as a reigning World Champion. Not just result but his playing also. If Ronnie make a two centuries during this campaing we all really should be all happy with that and him. Nothing else really on the cards. I would sadly once again anticipate the same with Junhui..

Can Neil Robertson get his back to together and show his class despite missing the German Masters which was a massive dissapointment to him? He should, he is an Aussie ffs.

Jak Jones posses a real threat now and once again, trust me.

Pain from Spain. Interesting if the friday will arise. As pain from Spain is around. Can we make it now? Tough times ahead of us. Not the pain from Spain, but simply just pain from Spain lol.

Judd and Mark Selby can only be there if John and Mark Allen ain´t "playing". Judd and Mark Selby can take an advantage but nothing else now. And who else then? Well, really, no-one.

Postby Iranu

Fabulous 66 clearance from Gilbert to take the 4th frame. Stunning long pink into a blind green pocket to seal it.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:On Mastermind tonight, there's somebody answering questions on Alex Higgins. If anybody cares.

BBC 2 at 7pm.

I shall be tuning in to see how many I can get. Thanks for the tip, SF <ok>

Postby Iranu

Grace beats Gilbert 4-1 after needing a snooker in the 5th frame :sad:

Gilbo’s had a terrible 2020 on the baize.