Post a reply

Re: 888 Sport Champion of Champions Semi Final 1 !!!

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:
Prop wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby usually the man for close matches but not the case against Robertson. The Aussie has a clear edge over the Leicesterman.

I wouldn’t say it was a clear edge tonight, more a fine margin. It was really refreshing to see Selby’s breakbuilding winning frames rather than the grind being his main weapon. He went toe to toe with Robbo in that department and only really lost because somebody had to.

Yeah but my point is its Robertson who just keeps winning these close matches even though Selby is the one known for doing that. Selby never beat him in a decider and this was the fourth or fifth decider which is quite crazy.

In which case, apologies, I missed your point!

Postby Wildey

only 1 frame where the losing player had a realistic chance that was frame 6 Robbo took that frame.

in all other frames it was to single figures

1st 5
2nd 3
3rd 0
4th 5
5th 0
6th 27
7th 0
8th 0
9th 0
10th 0
11th 1

Postby Andre147

That was a great match. I won't say it's the Best best of 11 match I've seen, but it was tremendous quality from both. Just wish the decider ended on the colours or even final black.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Allen v Robbo would be a nice change, we've had quite a few Robbo v Trump matches recently.

Allen is a great player and can obviously beat Trump, but he's too inconsistent to be seen as favorite.

Postby TheRocket

This cant be the greatest bo11 ever because the decider wasnt good enough.

It was neither close/drama nor was it high quality like the frames prior to that.

Several mistakes, Robbo was tiny bit lucky a couple of times and won the last frame by some margin.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:Allen v Robbo would be a nice change, we've had quite a few Robbo v Trump matches recently.

Lol, yeah!