Post a reply

UK Championship draw made

Postby SnookerFan

The first Triple Crown event of the season will run from November 23 to December 6 in Milton Keynes, with 128 players battling for the coveted trophy and a top prize of £200,000. China’s Ding beat Stephen Maguire in the final last year, winning the event for the third time.

The event features 128 players in a flat draw. All matches are best of 11 frames, up until the final on Sunday December 6th which is best of 19.

World Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan will be up against Leo Fernandez in round one while world number one Judd Trump will take on Paul Davison.

Neil Robertson will face France’s top player Brian Ochoiski while three-time winner John Higgins will meet Fergal O’Brien. Veterans Alan McManus and Jimmy White will go head to head while Mark Selby has been drawn against Michael White.

The event will be staged behind closed doors at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes for the first time, in line with Government Covid-19 regulations.

From the second round onwards, November 28th to December 6th, the event will receive extensive live television coverage from BBC, Eurosport, Matchroom.Live and a range of other global broadcasters. Details of how to watch the opening round will be announced shortly.

First staged in 1977, the UK Championship has been won by all of snooker’s great names.

Prize money

Winner: £200,000
Runner-up: £80,000
Semi-finals: £40,000
Quarter-finals: £24,500
Last 16: £17,000
Last 32: £12,000
Last 64: £6,500
High break: £15,000
Total: £1,009,000

https://wst.tv/wp-content/uploads/2020/ ... draw-2.pdf

Re: UK Championship draw made

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:No Hendry?

He confirmed to Foulds he didn't enter.

Postby TheRocket

Hendry wants to play in front of a full arena. Wouldnt be surprised if he only entered the WC this season if there is still no crowd allowed for the rest of the season.

Next year I expect him to play a lot more tournaments.

Postby Iranu

I think Hendry’s just not ready yet, either. He’s only been with SightRight a couple of months.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:I think Hendry’s just not ready yet, either. He’s only been with SightRight a couple of months.

SightRight might help him improve, but he's still too old.
He can definitely still make good pots and solid breaks, but his age will make him miss many sitters and break down a lot, so his chances against top players will be very slim.

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:I think Hendry’s just not ready yet, either. He’s only been with SightRight a couple of months.

He can definitely still make good pots and solid breaks, but his age will make him miss many sitters and break down a lot, so his chances against top players will be very slim.

Try being an average club player, and getting old. Never mind a 7 time World Champ. Mind you, these lockdowns aren’t helping any club player’s game.

How’s life in Brazil, are you still managing to play?

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:

We’ll see. I think you’re probably right but I also think it’s foolish to write him off.

Postby HappyCamper

eurosport will be showing all rounds of the uk championship this year incuding the last 128.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:eurosport will be showing all rounds of the uk championship this year incuding the last 128.

I did wonder if they'd do that. After doing it for the Worlds.

Pity I don't have the time to book that week off too.