Post a reply

Re: 888 Sport Champion of Champions Group 4!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Great caption from ITV there :

MARK SELBY
2019 Scottish Open Champion

Like thats the biggest thing he’s ever won :irk:

It’s not even the most recent thing he’s won <laugh>

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Robbo already panic buying toilet paper

Considering he won his last match against Selby 6-5 I wouldn't say so.

You tell him Andre, but Aussie's do have history when going into lockdown

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:An almighty bottle job

Don't think anyone can argue against that.

Postby SnookerEd25

Yeah, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I was in a Selby mood tonight, & that doesn’t happen often.

Generally, I would favour Robbo, so I am looking forward to the match; even I don’t know yet who i’ll be favouring on the night :chin:

Postby Ck147

SnookerEd25 wrote:Yeah, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I was in a Selby mood tonight, & that doesn’t happen often.

Generally, I would favour Robbo, so I am looking forward to the match; even I don’t know yet who i’ll be favouring on the night :chin:

Obviously I will be supporting Robbo, but just hope it's a good match that goes all the way. As long as it's not a repeat of their WC encounter, that was a bit crap.

Postby SnookerEd25

Generally, unless a match involves someone I genuinely dislike, I hope for a decider; I suspect I’ll be favouring whoever is behind come Friday...

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Good thing I watched the cycling earlier. Would have been up all night waiting for the highlights

I'm still waiting for the highlights, don't post any spoilers :)

Interesting news about next years Tour, and liked Gary Imlach at the end saying "and now let's get back to watching the US election" haha

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Robbo already panic buying toilet paper

Considering he won his last match against Selby 6-5 I wouldn't say so.

That match was very similar to this Match Selby 5-3 down came back to 5-5 in the decider Robbo had a chance of a long red missed it and left everything safe tonight Kyren had a chance of a long red missed it and left everything on Some you win and some you lose.

Postby Wildey

And for the record i saw 15 minutes of tonight's match. I was not going to sit there all evening with Tatiana looking like darth vaders little sister.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:And for the record i saw 15 minutes of tonight's match. I was not going to sit there all evening with Tatiana looking like darth vaders little sister.

Well jealous they let you in to watch, I'm sure Tatiana enjoyed your company even if only for 15 minutes. Did you take a selfie? Would love to see how you looked as Darth Vaders little sister, bet you looked well cute.

Postby Prop

I fell asleep. Probably for the best, I’d be knackered if I’d stayed up to watch it all.

Not in the least bit surprised to see the result. I’d agree with Iranu regarding Wilson’s propensity to throw in a banger at important moments. It’s like he hasn’t yet got control of the inner-chimp, as Steve Peters would call it.

Postby SnookerFan

For somebody who is constantly touted as the next big thing by commentators, I'm never massively comfortable with making him among the favourites for a tournament.

I know he's won Shanghai and Germany, and a few lesser tournaments like the CL and Paul Hunter Classic etc. But he seems to get to finals quite a lot, then lose heavily.

Would we say that Wilson has a problem with bottle? Or is it a lack of talent compared to other regular title winners?

Postby hendry_fan

BUUUCKIN ELLL!.

I turned off when Selbs went 4-0 down!!!!.

Incredible stuff from the :selby: from Leicester. :bowdown: :clap: :happy:

Wildey must be buuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzing!. :-D

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:For somebody who is constantly touted as the next big thing by commentators, I'm never massively comfortable with making him among the favourites for a tournament.

I know he's won Shanghai and Germany, and a few lesser tournaments like the CL and Paul Hunter Classic etc. But he seems to get to finals quite a lot, then lose heavily.

Would we say that Wilson has a problem with bottle? Or is it a lack of talent compared to other regular title winners?

Maybe he's a Spurs fan?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For somebody who is constantly touted as the next big thing by commentators, I'm never massively comfortable with making him among the favourites for a tournament.

Maybe he's a Spurs fan?

That's his problem.

Postby Wildey

Kyren has reached a Crucible Final and a Semi final, so he has plenty of bottle, but he can run out of steam and not see the job to the end he needs to work on stamina you know plying Selby that will be needed in bucket loads.

That's why his record against Judd Trump is much better than against Selby

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Kyren has reached a Crucible Final and a Semi final, so he has plenty of bottle, but he can run out of steam and not see the job to the end he needs to work on stamina you know plying Selby that will be needed in bucket loads.

That's why his record against Judd Trump is much better than against Selby

Interesting observations. You may have a point.

Also, to be fair to him, two of the finals he's got spanked in were against Ronnie. I was at that final in Barnsley, there was nothing he could've done about that. Most players would've lost heavily to Ronnie the way he was playing there.

At least in The Crucible final, at the end of the first day Kyren looked to be making the first day respectable before Ronnie ran away with it again.

Interesting that you cite stamina, because the year he got to The Crucible Final he got a bye.

Postby Iranu

Stamina may play a part but I don’t think anywhere near as big a part as bottle. I mean, yesterday was his first day in the tournament after 5 days off.

He beat Stephen Maguire 4-1 in a match that shouldn’t have taken much out of him at all because let’s face it he didn’t have to work for it, and was 4-0 up on Selby with a plethora of chances from then on. Stamina shouldn’t be having that big an effect after 9 frames of a tournament, not when you’re getting to the latter stages of the Crucible playing two 8+ frame sessions a day at times.

At the Crucible he had a bye so he didn’t even start until a week later than he should have done. He got to the final because McGill dealt with the pressure even worse than he did (similar to Hawkins-Walden in 2013 actually) and even then he needed a slice of fortune. If he doesn’t have the stamina to make it through a tournament that’s 7 days shorter than normal, he’s got no chance of winning the thing. He’d only been playing 6 days by the time the semi final ended! And for three of those he played only one session a day I think.