Post a reply

Re: 888 Sport Champion of Champions Group 3!!!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Also Ronnie is trying way too hard this season I know Ronnie gets flack for not trying lol but he's taken the beginning of the season too serious for his standards which hampers his free flowing snooker

sometimes it's good to mix it up with kamikaze, when he doesn't sometimes bother he gets the results

He’s just seemed normal to me.

He is not entirely wrong. Last year at this stage we were talking about that kamikaze Higgins match. Or a few other matches where he had a 13-14 second AST.

This year he tries much harder and puts more effort into the matches. Just watch his matches against Hill and the other youngster (forgot his name). He has definitely played proper match snooker in all of his matches this season.

Oh I definitely agree. I just don’t think he’s trying “way too hard”. He’s playing normal match snooker. Last season was the anomaly.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:I know players are tempted to adress the situation with their opponent, but really they should adress any issue with the referee.

I won't name players names, but I had one match when one player was chalking his cue during certain shots of his opponent. At the end of a frame the player complained to me and I had a word with the other player. It stopped.

This is what the players must do, arguing between themselves doesn't help them or the referee.

Makes better TV though doesn't it...does Barry tell players behind the scenes to "cause a bit of controversy mate, we need the ratings and I'll get you a new cue"?

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know players are tempted to adress the situation with their opponent, but really they should adress any issue with the referee.

I won't name players names, but I had one match when one player was chalking his cue during certain shots of his opponent. At the end of a frame the player complained to me and I had a word with the other player. It stopped.

This is what the players must do, arguing between themselves doesn't help them or the referee.

Makes better TV though doesn't it...does Barry tell players behind the scenes to "cause a bit of controversy mate, we need the ratings and I'll get you a new cue"?

Yeah I bet Hearn’s loving the fact that it happened with Ronnie and Allen of all players. Two guys who aren’t going to back down.

Postby Wildey

Did not see the match for obvious reasons so can't comment on it the clips ive seen doesn't show much beforehand and no chance am i going to sit through that masked tit show to find out.

Not seen Ronnie react like that about players in their seat maybe the covid bubble/testing is getting to him.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:Did not see the match for obvious reasons so can't comment on it the clips ive seen doesn't show much beforehand and no chance am i going to sit through that masked tit show to find out.

Not seen Ronnie react like that about players in their seat maybe the covid bubble/testing is getting to him.

From his interviews he sounds like he prefers the no crowd situation, makes him more relaxed, said less practice and more tournemants suited him right now as less expectation (from the crowds). But think he expected a bit more from himself today, hence his "outburst". I took his "outburst" as he does care and wanted to do better...good sign I think

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Did not see the match for obvious reasons so can't comment on it the clips ive seen doesn't show much beforehand and no chance am i going to sit through that masked tit show to find out.

In this video you can watch the players’ interviews from 2:33 with a replay showing at 6:45. If you skip to 2:33 there is no sight of a mask until 7:20 at which point the gist of the issue has been shown. https://youtu.be/ZljmrMt9O0U

Sorry, I don’t know how to timestamp on mobile.

In my opinion you can see that when Ronnie gets up Allen is clearly moving quite a bit.
Last edited by Iranu on 06 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:

From his interviews he sounds like he prefers the no crowd situation, makes him more relaxed, said less practice and more tournemants suited him right now as less expectation (from the crowds). But think he expected a bit more from himself today, hence his "outburst". I took his "outburst" as he does care and wanted to do better...good sign I think

Yeah I don’t think the ‘bubble’ had anything to do with it, he would have only travelled up what, yesterday?

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yeah I don’t think the ‘bubble’ had anything to do with it, he would have only travelled up what, yesterday?

https://ronnieo147.com/2020/11/05/ronni ... d-in-york/

Ronnie likes variety and stuck in the same building time after time after time will send most players loopy.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

https://ronnieo147.com/2020/11/05/ronni ... d-in-york/

Ronnie likes variety and stuck in the same building time after time after time will send most players loopy.

Disappointing but understandable.

Postby TheRocket

Its true that Allen sometimes has the habit of not sitting in his seat and being too close to his opponent when the opponent plays a safety shot.

But Allens always done that tbh. Cant say he did anything on purpose yesterday.
ROS should have played on. He had an easy opener and straightforward table and without the long argument he would have won the frame in one visit.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:btw. Badsnookerplayer has become some sort of Hendryfan 2.0 now. Only posting when Ronnie loses a match. Thats why he barely made any comments during the WC.

A bit sad, really.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Its true that Allen sometimes has the habit of not sitting in his seat and being too close to his opponent when the opponent plays a safety shot.

ROS should have played on. He had an easy opener and straightforward table and without the long argument he would have won the frame in one visit.

I've always found Allen to be a bit of a tit, but I highly doubt he did anything on purpose there. I certainly see no evidence for it.

With Ronnie as well, he's complained to referees for getting in his eyeline and had photographers thrown out for distracting him in the past. Not exactly conducive for making his complaint here sound genuine.

Also, bear in mind, the referee who was trying to diffuse the situation, Ronnie had previous with. Wasn't Marcel the one who had apparently restricted Ronnie's view previously? I wonder if it had been a different referee trying to calm Ronnie down, would he have been more eager to listen?

Fair play, if Allen had accidentally done something to distract him, I'm not saying Ronnie shouldn't say anything about it. But to pose around for a good five minutes whining about it wasn't the right way to go about it. Especially as Mark Allen is the sort of person who lets that sort of thing fire him up, and at the point only needed one more frame to win. If anything, it just felt like Ronnie shot himself in the foot.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Or, to put it more simply, it was much ado about nothing.

This. :hatoff:

Lets move on : to the semi-finals and beyond <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:btw. Badsnookerplayer has become some sort of Hendryfan 2.0 now. Only posting when Ronnie loses a match. Thats why he barely made any comments during the WC.

COME ON MAN!. :no: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!. :shock:

Talk about faaaaaar fetched!.I don,t post every time Ronnie loses!.

I did,nt post last night did i,or,hang on :chin: ,did Ronnie win. :roll: :-D

I,m mostly here when The Wizard plays,when the Scots play.,and now n again i,ll pop in when some other matches are on.

And tbh,i don,t have as much time as i used to have,cause of the damn Corona rubbish.I,ve had to make some changes at work as well as away from work,+ i also have plenty other things to do,eg,spending time with ma missus. <laugh>

I did,nt see any of the match last night,and tbh again,i thought Ronnie would win.

I,ll watch it another day.

On Topic of what Ronnie was going on about last night,There,s been a few times i,ve had to tell an opponent to stop moving,even walking around,when i,m on my shot,i can fully understand Ron,it,s very annoying and if the person moves,walzes around deliberatley,well,thats absolutley disgusting behaviour!,verrrrry poor,bad sportsmanship!.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I was proud to be an O'Sullivan fan last night.

Ronnie could beat up and old lady and steal her pension, and you'd still be proud of him.

he would probably go out with a Ronnie Mask and do the same.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Its true that Allen sometimes has the habit of not sitting in his seat and being too close to his opponent when the opponent plays a safety shot.

I've always found Allen to be a bit of a tit, but I highly doubt he did anything on purpose there. I certainly see no evidence for it.

With Ronnie as well, he's complained to referees for getting in his eyeline and had photographers thrown out for distracting him in the past. Not exactly conducive for making his complaint here sound genuine.

Also, bear in mind, the referee who was trying to diffuse the situation, Ronnie had previous with. Wasn't Marcel the one who had apparently restricted Ronnie's view previously? I wonder if it had been a different referee trying to calm Ronnie down, would he have been more eager to listen?

Fair play, if Allen had accidentally done something to distract him, I'm not saying Ronnie shouldn't say anything about it. But to pose around for a good five minutes whining about it wasn't the right way to go about it. Especially as Mark Allen is the sort of person who lets that sort of thing fire him up, and at the point only needed one more frame to win. If anything, it just felt like Ronnie shot himself in the foot.

Yea Mark Allen is probably the worst person on tour to go toe to toe like that at 5-3 down with. Some would feel intimidated and start wilting giving ronnie a clear path to win Mark Allen not bothered.