Post a reply

Re: Champion Of Champions draw today

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Judd Trump has lost 3 of his last 4 matches against Shaun Murphy so will be a very tough match.

Hey. You're right.

Though the one that Judd won was an bottom kicking.

https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/jud ... aun-murphy

The match between them in The Masters Judd made 3 centuries but still lost lol. He was 3-2 up with 3 centuries, had a great chance to go 4-2 up didn't take it and ended up going on to lose 6-3 :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Group 2 = group of death
Group 4 = group of zzzzz

Not psyched for the possibility of a Selby vs Wilson match? :gag:

Not overly; I could go a Brecel-Maguire one if both are flowing nicely...

Postby SnookerEd25

GeF wrote:When will they stop calling "groups" this flat draw ?

Doubt they will. Its another gimmick innit?

Postby D4P

Cloud Strife wrote:Hope Ronnie finally gets revenge on Holt.

He might get (long-awaited) revenge on the Torturer and the Hitman in the span of 3 months...

Postby D4P

This will be Ronnie's 3rd event of the season, and in all 3 he (the #2-ranked player in the world) was put in the same side of the draw as the #1-ranked player in the world. Seems kinda silly...

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:I don't know how much I'll be able to watch on Monday.

D'oh! That's the best day.

I know! I have next week off work except Monday :(

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was at that match.

Your two favourite players!

I actually like watching Murphy play. He has an attacking style. Don't mind seeing him live.

He's just a bit of a bell sometimes.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
I actually like watching Murphy play. He has an attacking style. Don't mind seeing him live.

Totally agree, when he's on his A game - absolutely beautiful to watch, glides round the table like a Rolls Royce but, as you say, bit of a bell-end when not on the table. Very similar to Stephen Lee in fact, on both fronts.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Totally agree, when he's on his A game - absolutely beautiful to watch, glides round the table like a Rolls Royce but, as you say, bit of a bell-end when not on the table. Very similar to Stephen Lee in fact, on both fronts.

I think the reason that I can look past Murphy's annoying habits when I'm watching him play, is because I don't believe there's any real malice there most of the time.

Aside from the odd occasion, like the incident with Mag's chalk, I don't believe he's doing it to be a cockerel. He legitimately thinks he's helping the game. It doesn't occur to him, for example, that nobody is interested in his boring-arse kick related analysis. He's a snooker player, he believes he's helping the game in trying to find a conclusion. It doesn't occur to him that most people aren't interested in what he has to say. (Unless he has a definitive way of eradicating kicks completely, there's not a lot of point him turning up on the BBC to keep on about it.) Also, a lot of his suggestions just come across as silly. Like his insistence that snooker should have shot clocks in ranking events. (They shouldn't.) Or his bootlicking that year they stopped Front Row Bryan from wearing football tops, and saying that fans should look smart because they're in a theatre, or whatever stupid reason it was. I don't think it occurs to him he's making suggestions that are either trivial and unnecessary, or just plain bad. In his mind he's helping the game he loves by making these suggestions. Or by commentating when he should be preparing for a match.

Murphy is the epitome of somebody who is annoying but not deliberately malicious. He's not doing it to upset people. Even if he can be a bit of a busy-body.

If you compare him to somebody like Mark Allen, who accuses Chinese players of being cheats because he lost to one, or has unprovoked rants against Mark Joyce and his mother etc. (Or to a lesser extent with Bingham and his perceived lack of bottle.) It just comes across as being unkind, no reason or provocation.

Murphy's more of a minor annoyance. Nice to watch play, but you wouldn't want to listen to his opinion on anything.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 28 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dan-cat wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Judd Trump has lost 3 of his last 4 matches against Shaun Murphy so will be a very tough match.

But which match would you rather watache?

I am pretty flexible.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Yes that post about Murphy is bang on SF, he just winds some people up.

I like him. Probably the most eloquent snooker player (he ain't got a lot of competition though.)

HOT TAKE!

Dominic Dale would like a word!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Yes that post about Murphy is bang on SF, he just winds some people up.

I like him. Probably the most eloquent snooker player (he ain't got a lot of competition though.)

HOT TAKE!

Dominic Dale would like a word!

:goodpost: