Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Final!!!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie had a lot of success when he broke off across the face of the blue in one of the Home Nations a couple of years ago.

Except that one time he hit the blue...

Yeah he hasn't done it since hitting the blue.

Think he hit the blue first time which made him look like a tit but then he got it the next few times. Left everything safe every time and I don’t think tied the black up.

Postby chengdufan

Why are we talking about this? Players have been potting the long red after the break-off for more than 30 years!
This is like listening to Dennis Taylor talking about these new super fine cloths.

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:Why are we talking about this? Players have been potting the long red after the break-off for more than 30 years!
This is like listening to Dennis Taylor talking about these new super fine cloths.

It’s a question of whether breaking off in the traditional way is now a disadvantage more often than not. The conversation’s been had over the years but is it so much worse now that players need to change, is the question.

Have to say though, this is following a match with possibly the two best potters of all time. I’m not convinced it’s fair to make such a call based on them each potting one ball off the break off shot in consecutive frames.

Postby Juddernaut88

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Robbo’s making a rivalry with Judd that Ding should be having.

Ding doesn't have the motivation/desire to challenge Trump.

Will Ding ever win the world championship in your opinion?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:It’s a question of whether breaking off in the traditional way is now a disadvantage more often than not. The conversation’s been had over the years but is it so much worse now that players need to change, is the question.
Nowadays it probably is, at least when we are talking about the players at the top of the game. If you leave your opponent the chance to put his hand on the table with a comfortable bridge and if he also has a natural way of returning the cueball back to baulk (without having to use inside spin, which makes the long pot incredibly difficult), he's more likely to get it than to miss. Sometimes, even if you leave the white glued to the cushion, your opponents still has a decent chance of getting the pot.

Iranu wrote:Have to say though, this is following a match with possibly the two best potters of all time. I’m not convinced it’s fair to make such a call based on them each potting one ball off the break off shot in consecutive frames.
You probably meant long potters, which they are.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No.

This is also my opinion.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No.

This is also my opinion.

I feel he still has a few more years at the top where he can win it, but only if he commits himself 110% and trains his ass off, which I feel he isn't willing to do. Which is a shame really for someone with his talent.

Postby D4P

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Not counting 2020...?

Postby hendry_fan

A belated congrats to Judd!. :clap:

It was,nt the most convincing tournament win Judds ever won,playing,scoreing,playing wise in general. :roll:

But a win is a win.

His first 3 matches,he was there for the taking,but he managed to comeback and win 3 deciders.

Against Gaz Wilson,he went up a gear,winning 4-1,knocked in four 60+ breaks.

He won comfortably against another Wilson,5-1,made two centurys and two 50+ breaks,K Wilson was off song in that match though,it has to be said.

In the semis he was a bit for the taking,as John kept bein in front until it got to 4-4.

In that 8th frame,John had a decent chance,but he missed a mid range red and shortly later he missed a tough red to the yellow bag,which let Judd back in,in which he made a 49.

In the 10th frame,John was in first,but after 8pts,he feathered a red and gave Judd an easy opener,in which he made a frame n match winning 73 break.

In the Final he was there for the takin again,Robbo scored heavy and was overall the better player,but towards the end,he blew it when he missed a easy red in the 15th frame,Judd came to the table and made a 55,shortly after,he potted a crackin long red,which helped him to end up sealing the frame.

And in the final frame,the decider,after breaking off,poor Robbo had to sit n watch Judd wrap up the match,by potting a long cracking red,to end up making a *114*.

This was Trump's 18th ranking title,equaling Neil Robertson and Mark Selby.

Ranking finals: 27 (18 titles, 9 runners-up).

He has now won his last 10 ranking finals,only 1 behind Stephen Hendrys record!. >-(

Well done Judd!. :win: :clap: <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Extremely magnanimous post HF, just like the one you wrote about Ronnie on completing his 6th World Title. <laugh>

Hmmm...I must have been out that day :chin:

Postby hendry_fan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Thanks for the kind words there Hendryfan :happy:

Your welcome JN. :-)

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The next tourney,i,ll be BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING my socks off against Judd though!,don,t want him to equal Hendrys record!!!!.. :no: :no: :no: :-D

Postby Juddernaut88

hendry_fan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Thanks for the kind words there Hendryfan :happy:

Your welcome JN. :-)

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The next tourney,i,ll be BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING my socks off against Judd though!,don,t want him to equal Hendrys record!!!!.. :no: :no: :no: :-D

What if he plays Ronnie in the final though?

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Extremely magnanimous post HF, just like the one you wrote about Ronnie on completing his 6th World Title. <laugh>

Ta very much Sir Dan- :cat: :roll: <laugh>

Well maybe one day,i,ll write a word,two,three,or i,ll write another Extremely magnanimous post about the Ronster on completing his 6th world title. :chin:

I might go n do some proper analyising on the matter. :study:

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

until that day comes,if it ever comes,your gonna have to,...........................

https://youtu.be/RNJ9pet2scY

,................tae see if if happens,or happens not,ya NUMPY DUMPTY(S)!. :dance: :happy: :-D