Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Final!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

mack501 wrote:Great final between Robbo and Trump.

Anyone know what is Judd's walk-on music at all?

Martin Garrix feat Bonn- High on life

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:A Trump vs Selby final would be ideal now. Both on 10, one away from equalling Hendrys 11 consecutive ranking event final wins.

This definitely is a good record to have.

That would be an amazing match.

And I think Selby's playing good enough to give Trump a good match, maybe win it, instead of some of the hidings in recent encounters.

Actually that could be a pretty good match, Selby playing a bit better recently, would definitely be interesting to see. More than the endless boring Judd - Robbo matches we keep getting :)

Postby mack501

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Martin Garrix feat Bonn- High on life

Thanks.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Acé wrote:Time to focus on the UK champs now

Champions of champions too :) just few weeks away that is.

Definitely one to watch

Shall we keep our eye on it next season?

Definitely keep your eye on it next season

Postby Ck147

Cheeky Girls I think

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:A Trump vs Selby final would be ideal now. Both on 10, one away from equalling Hendrys 11 consecutive ranking event final wins.

This definitely is a good record to have.

That would be an amazing match.

And I think Selby's playing good enough to give Trump a good match, maybe win it, instead of some of the hidings in recent encounters.

yeah it should be closer now. I think Trump isnt quite playing to the level which he did before lockdown. But its obviously still very good as we saw today.

Postby Ck147

SnookerEd25 wrote:Question is - can he take this form into the US elections? :chin:

Dude, don't go there

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Well done Judd, got what I wanted in terms of a close nervy match, not necessarily the result I wanted but good break from Judd in the decider. Love it when these guys play, always a good match.

Unlucky man. No shame in losing against that.

Cheers mate, enjoyable match, that's the main thing, can't win them all!

That's the spirit mate!

Since GJ is gone, you're Robbo's biggest fan here. :hatoff:

He'd be Robertson's biggest fan even if GJ was still around.

Postby The_Abbott

Judd can win the Championship league too if he likes. The number of ranking titles he wins in his career won't mention some of them are below par what the likes of Davis and Hendry won in their careers when they were non-ranking titles.

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:Judd can win as many of these tin-pot events as he likes, Ronnie is still the champion of the world.

Was the English Open a tin pot event when Ronnie won it in 2017?

Postby Dan-cat

Fouldsy on Twitter just now:

Reflecting on the #EnglishOpen snooker from semi-finals onwards. At the level top players are potting long balls perhaps time to rethink the break-off?
Not many times would someone play round angles off the pack thick if they weren’t breaking off. Instead they’d hit them thin.

Postby Dan-cat

Neil's reply:

Neil Robertson
@nr147
·
2m
It’s a weird one. I’m sure he wanted me to go for the long red at 8-7 down but I knock in a total clearance off it. The red he went for at 8-8 was the exact same red he missed at 9-9 champ of champs final and I cleared up. This time he knocks it in and makes hundred <Man shrugging>

Postby Iranu

Ronnie had a lot of success when he broke off across the face of the blue in one of the Home Nations a couple of years ago.

Except that one time he hit the blue...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Fouldsy on Twitter just now:

Reflecting on the #EnglishOpen snooker from semi-finals onwards. At the level top players are potting long balls perhaps time to rethink the break-off?
Not many times would someone play round angles off the pack thick if they weren’t breaking off. Instead they’d hit them thin.

Didn't the BBC have something similar as their topic of the week during a tournament about ten years ago?

Something along the lines of it being disadvantageous to be the player breaking off?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Ronnie had a lot of success when he broke off across the face of the blue in one of the Home Nations a couple of years ago.

This is a valid option. Rolling to the pack just shows your opponent you're being negative.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Fouldsy on Twitter just now:

Didn't the BBC have something similar as their topic of the week during a tournament about ten years ago?

Something along the lines of it being disadvantageous to be the player breaking off?

Yeah the conversation’s been had on and off for years.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Shaun Murphy:

Shaun Murphy
@Magician147
·
27m
Replying to
@fouldsy147
Completely agree. Been looking into this for some time. Only option to guarantee not leaving a potting opportunity is to roll into the pack off two cushions.

Goodness me...

Hope that never becomes the norm... every other frame would be re-racked (and then re-re racked and then re-re-re racked for good measure) and we could grow beards while waiting for something positive to happen in a Selby v O'Donnell match-up :td:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Shaun Murphy:

Shaun Murphy
@Magician147
·
27m
Replying to
@fouldsy147
Completely agree. Been looking into this for some time. Only option to guarantee not leaving a potting opportunity is to roll into the pack off two cushions.

Goodness me...

Hope that never becomes the norm... every other frame would be re-racked (and then re-re racked and then re-re-re racked for good measure) and we could grow beards while waiting for something positive to happen in a Selby v O'Donnell match-up :td:

It won't become the norm, it's just one of Murphy's whacky suggestions.

Whenever Smurph says he's been "looking into" something, always assume he's about to say something ill thought out.

Postby Dan-cat

@fouldsy 2 mins ago: I think the roll up should be considered, especially in a decider against a great long potter. They’ll probably end up banning the shot which is fair enough. S.Davis & A.Higgins used this break a few times in the past.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Whenever Smurph says he's been "looking into" something, always assume he's about to say something ill thought out.

He's going to go into politics post-snooker isn't he? :roll:

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie had a lot of success when he broke off across the face of the blue in one of the Home Nations a couple of years ago.

Yeah he hasn't done it since hitting the blue.

I was surprised Ronnie gave up on that shot so soon. I seem to recall he wasn't leaving long reds nearly as often as he does with his normal break off...