Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage Two !!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I think the way it is implemented is if you are at the table in a losing position and you miss you can concede then. Which happens a lot in the main events anyway.

No one is interrupting any breaks, you poster numpties <laugh>

Mark King conceded after Kyren had potted a ball to win the match earlier today so was on a break, so not the situation you describe, which is when Yates mentioned it. The point is he said it was “the new rule which I don’t like, that you can concede when your opponent is at the table.”

I didn’t fully understand it because it does happen anyway occasionally but then why the rule change? Do players usually get warned for it? Maybe Andre can shed some light.

Postby Sickpotter

SnookerEd25 wrote:Technically, I believe you can decline the opponent’s concession so if there is a significant break to be made, this is when you would utilise that

Don't like it....just the interruption in the flow of the break could be enough to end it.

Postby Iranu

Now that’s how you steal a group!

Ken Doherty takes a 2-1 lead on Jordan Brown with a 139 break, eclipsing Thep’s 135 and guaranteeing himself top of the table as a draw would now be enough to see him through (he and Thep would be equal on points, frames and H2H).

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Now that’s how you steal a group!

Ken Doherty takes a 2-1 lead on Jordan Brown with a 139 break, eclipsing Thep’s 135 and guaranteeing himself top of the table as a draw would now be enough to see him through (he and Thep would be equal on points, frames and H2H).

Yes Ken :happy:

Postby Iranu

And Ken’s 139 proved crucial because Jordan Brown won the next frame in one visit!

It may not be the best format, but it’s still snooker and can still throw up some great stories :D

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I think the way it is implemented is if you are at the table in a losing position and you miss you can concede then. Which happens a lot in the main events anyway.

Mark King conceded after Kyren had potted a ball to win the match earlier today so was on a break, so not the situation you describe, which is when Yates mentioned it. The point is he said it was “the new rule which I don’t like, that you can concede when your opponent is at the table.”

I didn’t fully understand it because it does happen anyway occasionally but then why the rule change? Do players usually get warned for it? Maybe Andre can shed some light.

Happened again, Clarke conceded while Higgins was in the middle of a (small) break.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Three commentators in the Higgins match. Weird.

Who are they all?

Yates, Doherty, Murphy

Probably what happened was, it was supposed to be Yates and Doherty. But Murphy couldn't wait to give his opinion on something and muscled in.

Postby chengdufan

I watached the last frame of Li Hang and Davis with Zhang Anda on comms.
Li Hang looked a lot slower and more deliberate than last time I saw him play. Looked like he was lacking a bit of confidence.

Postby chengdufan

Perry has missed a few easy pots in the first frame. Tian has quickly fallen out of position when in, and has played poor safety.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:I watached the last frame of Li Hang and Davis with Zhang Anda on comms.
Li Hang looked a lot slower and more deliberate than last time I saw him play. Looked like he was lacking a bit of confidence.

It looked like Li Hang has been making technical adjustments again, as he always seems to do. But these best-of-4 matches are so tricky, it's understandable they are cautious. Joe Perry himself said he had no idea how to approach them.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Happened again, Clarke conceded while Higgins was in the middle of a (small) break.

Interesting... I revise my former post. When did this happen!?