Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage Two !!

Postby Ck147

Zhou 2-1, good stuff, lost position on the black so wasnt able to make another century, but secured the frame

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:I wish proper snooker was on. how long until the Coc or NI Open?

<ok>

Totally forgot this was still ongoing... :hmmm:

Postby Iranu

Oh for buck’s sake. Yates and Murphy commentating.

Dear God, what have I done to deserve this?

I mean, other than not technically believing in you.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Oh for buck’s sake. Yates and Murphy commentating.

rofl

The Dream Team.

As long as you don't look into their eyes, you should be OK ...

Postby Dan-cat

I just found that book (published 1980) in the library of where I'm staying here in Almeria, which is also my bedroom, and I've just starting sharing my bed with a Marilyn Monroe impersonater... a wonderful gift from the universe. She's a star. Her work having dried up during covid, she decided to buy a van and travel around Spain volunteering. #DanRomanceUpdate

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:I just found that book (published 1980) in the library of where I'm staying here in Almeria, which is also my bedroom, and I've just starting sharing my bed with a Marilyn Monroe impersonater... a wonderful gift from the universe. She's a star. Her work having dried up during covid, she decided to buy a van and travel around Spain volunteering. #DanRomanceUpdate

If you were a gentleman, you'd sleep on the floor :no:

Postby Sickpotter

Iranu wrote:Yates mentioned that there's a new rule where you can concede while your opponent’s at the table.

Hopefully that's just for the CL.....terribly bad form to concede while a player is at the table, particularly if they're on a nice break.

Imagine player concedes the frame after opponents runs 10 blacks and has a max on.... :gag:

There's also the aspect of the psychological pressure that's applied when keeping your opponent off the table.
Some cope with it, some don't. IMO those that don't don't deserve to have that pressure removed by a rule.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I just found that book (published 1980) in the library of where I'm staying here in Almeria, which is also my bedroom, and I've just starting sharing my bed with a Marilyn Monroe impersonater... a wonderful gift from the universe. She's a star. Her work having dried up during covid, she decided to buy a van and travel around Spain volunteering. #DanRomanceUpdate

I think it's too late for that ;-)

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

GO DAN! GO DAN! :hyper:

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Not really, you could both sleep on the floor.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Not really, you could both sleep on the floor.

Technically, we are both already sleeping on the floor, on a futon mattress.

Postby chengdufan

Dan-cat wrote:Technically, we are both already sleeping on the floor, on a futon mattress.

Why are you sleeping when you could be having sex?

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Technically, we are both already sleeping on the floor, on a futon mattress.

Why are you sleeping when you could be having sex?

pmsl

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK: HOT TAKE!

Out Of Context Snooker @OOCSnooker 32m
Shaun Murphy is just brilliant isn’t he, great player, great commentator, great speaker, a complete natural in front of the camera #Magician

The he and isn't are in the wrong place :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK: HOT TAKE!

Out Of Context Snooker @OOCSnooker 32m
Shaun Murphy is just brilliant isn’t he, great player, great commentator, great speaker, a complete natural in front of the camera #Magician

Isn’t this like when authors login to Amazon on fake accounts, to give themselves good book reciews? :chin:

Postby Iranu

Sickpotter wrote:
Iranu wrote:Yates mentioned that there's a new rule where you can concede while your opponent’s at the table.

Hopefully that's just for the CL.....terribly bad form to concede while a player is at the table, particularly if they're on a nice break.

Imagine player concedes the frame after opponents runs 10 blacks and has a max on.... :gag:

There's also the aspect of the psychological pressure that's applied when keeping your opponent off the table.
Some cope with it, some don't. IMO those that don't don't deserve to have that pressure removed by a rule.

Not only that but in the CL the high break can make a difference as to who makes it through the group - imagine you’re at the table clearing up to make the highest break, which you need to go through, only for your opponent (who currently holds the high break) to concede before you get there so they go through.

Postby SnookerEd25

Technically, I believe you can decline the opponent’s concession so if there is a significant break to be made, this is when you would utilise that