Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Semi-Finals!!!

Postby Ck147

Selby accidentally pots the pink, needs 2 snookers now, misses the red and concedes. 2-0 Robbo...eventually

Postby Juddernaut88

Century for Selby to get a frame back, Calvert-Lewin got an 81st minute equaliser for Everton but Richarlison got sent off just now for a dangerous tackle. There is 5 mins of stoppage time, I can see Liverpool scoring a late late winner.

Postby Juddernaut88

Selby is in amongt the balls with a good chance here. Everton vs Liverpool fulltime 2-2, however Liverpool scored a late goal but VAR ruled it out for offside and to be honest it didn't look offside at all!

Postby TheRocket

Pool is a good team but they never crushed and dominated the opposition like City did in 17/18. You cant rely on winning matches by a tight scoreline everytime. Last year it worked, this year I doubt it will.

Postby HustleKing

Juddernaut88 wrote:Selby is in amongt the balls with a good chance here. Everton vs Liverpool fulltime 2-2, however Liverpool scored a late goal but VAR ruled it out for offside and to be honest it didn't look offside at all!

Yeah ref bottled it, easier to take the decision that would result in a draw.

Back to snooker, decent start by Robbo after their last encounter!

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:Robbo to start overthinking from here?

Hope not, look what happened when he did that last time they played.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:McManus is good with this sort of thing.

Yep, they should let him do it every time. Leave Ronnie and Jimmy in the studio.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:McManus is good with this sort of thing.

Yep, they should let him do it every time. Leave Ronnie and Jimmy in the studio.

Is it weird that I want Radzi there with him now?

Postby HustleKing

Wikipedia article on tinny.

"In New Zealand, a "tinny" or "tinnie" can be a small package of cannabis wrapped in tin foil (cf. 'foilies' in Australia)"

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:snookerfan do you have a favourite Snooker player? I'm very intrigued to know.

Not really, no.

I have players that I like more than others. But it often depends who they are playing. I want Robertson to win here, for example. But there's also times I'd root for Selby if he was playing somebody that I didn't like. Selby is middling for me. I like him more than some people, but less than others. Nice guy, dull style.

If I had to pick a favourite, it's Ding. When I go to matches in the first round, and can pick wherever I sit I often priotise Ding. I try to see him at The Masters if he's playing in the afternoon, but don't if he's in an evening because I don't want to miss the last train home.

So, short answer no. But longer answer, it's Ding if it's anybody. Even then, when Ding loses I just shrug and watch whoever is left in the tournament. I just like watching snooker.

Another example is during the 2002 UK Championship, I didn't mind who won the final as I like both Doherty and Williams. Williams won, but during the 2003 World Championship I wanted Doherty to win as Williams had won the previous game. Since then, I saw Williams vs Doherty at The Masters live. Williams looked like he might drop out of the top 16, so I wanted him to win. Next time I watched them play, Doherty had dropped out of the top 16 and Williams was back in it. So I wanted Doherty to win, as I felt thr win might win more to him. If they played now, I'd probably write Doherty off as a has-been and support Williams. It just depends on the situation.

I don't get as upset when somebody loses a match. I mean Ronnie fans have been borderline suicidal since 2014 because he missed a pink. I could never hold onto a snooker result for that long. I'm a fan of the greatest sport in the world, which I consider an honour. Players come ans go, but this sport will always be amazing.