Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Quarter-Finals

Postby SteveJJ

Dan-cat wrote:Juggernaut...I'm very sorry for my mistake and outburst. I got to bed at 5:30am and was rudely awakened at 8:30 by someone hoovering.

I am a numpty

Unused lyrics to Parklife?

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Confirmed that there is no £1million bonus for winning all the home nations events this season.

Is that just for financial reasons? Can World Snooker not afford it this season?

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Confirmed that there is no £1million bonus for winning all the home nations events this season.

Is that just for financial reasons? Can World Snooker not afford it this season?

Comms said it was financial reasons this year - having lost sponsors for some tournaments. They've kept the prize fund the same but can't offer the bonus. (Or perhaps it was harder to insure against this year).

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Comms said it was financial reasons this year - having lost sponsors for some tournaments. They've kept the prize fund the same but can't offer the bonus. (Or perhaps it was harder to insure against this year).

You think that Barry was worried that he might actually have to pay it?

rofl

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You think that Barry was worried that he might actually have to pay it?

rofl

Haha - yes I'm sure he didn't expect to - but then 2020 has had a lot of unexpected things. With no gate money and less sponsors, I suspect he felt it would be sod's law that somebody did it this year of all years despite the large odds.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Which match is supposed to follow this? The way things are going, I'd be surprised if the 7pm match starts on time.

Jones

Postby Alex0paul

I think it was the 2009 Welsh Open where they played back to back quarters and the final one, Robertson v Fu, started at around midnight

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:I think it was the 2009 Welsh Open where they played back to back quarters and the final one, Robertson v Fu, started at around midnight

That's probably why they don't do that any more.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I think it was the 2009 Welsh Open where they played back to back quarters and the final one, Robertson v Fu, started at around midnight

Its a shame they don't

Postby SteveJJ

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Its a shame they don't

And surprising they don't when there is no paying audience. Obviously you don't want it going on too late but you don't want to run the risk of having 4 one sided matches where its all over by early evening.

They could have obviously started earlier than 12 today and had one after the other.

At least Jak Jones will be on next to speed things up.

Postby SteveJJ

Selby wins 5-2

Still unbeaten this season. 12 wins and 1 draw (and 2 walkovers).

2 wins away from being the first to win the first two tournaments of the season since 1990 (Hendry).

Stats pinched from the commentators.