Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live English Open last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Matthew on the cusp of a famous victory, one of the best of his career.

Even bigger than him winning the UK championship in 2003?

Of course it bucking isn't.

Ronnie fans never put things into perspective. Beating Ronnie in a best of seven wouldn't be bigger than his UK or Masters victories, that goes without saying.

Not that he's won yet.

Postby Cloud Strife

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Matthew on the cusp of a famous victory, one of the best of his career.

On a par with that one, yes.

Postby Iranu

Why is it that when Ronnie loses people assume he’s not fighting.

Did the worlds teach these people nothing for buck’s sake

Postby TheRocket

well done to Matthew. Hope he can win a few more matches in this tournament.

I think Ronnie took the foot off the gas a little bit. Like MJW had done. No big deal though. Winning the Crucible was the big deal.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

ImSnookered wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie vs Stevens has to be the world's most pointless match.

The Six Time World Champion vs The Guy Who Could Bottle Walking To The Table.

Well then.

One sided drab match.......

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Of course it bucking isn't.

Ronnie fans never put things into perspective. Beating Ronnie in a best of seven wouldn't be bigger than his UK or Masters victories, that goes without saying.

Not that he's won yet.

Cloud strife seems to think Snooker is only about Ronnie.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:well done to Matthew. Hope he can win a few more matches in this tournament.

I think Ronnie took the foot off the gas a little bit. Like MJW had done. No big deal though. Winning the Crucible was the big deal.

I think at this point in his career it's really only the big events that should matter. That's where his sole focus will be, and rightly so.

Obviously he will still turn up and try in these lesser events, but as you say, it's not a big deal if he doesn't do anything in them.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:well done to Matthew. Hope he can win a few more matches in this tournament.

It's natural.

Puts into perspective what Judd done last season. After becoming world champ, he wins 6 ranking event titles the following season. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Cloud was pretty clearly taking the snake hiss, guys.

+1

Sarcasm seems to be lost on some people here.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Cloud was pretty clearly taking the snake hiss, guys.

+1

Sarcasm seems to be lost on some people here.

Clearly, SF falls for it more than anyone <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

I think at this point in his career it's really only the big events that should matter. That's where his sole focus will be, and rightly so.

Obviously he will still turn up and try in these lesser events, but as you say, it's not a big deal if he doesn't do anything in them.

You could even say its only the World Championship now. Not even the other big events. He broke every record bar equalling/breaking Hendrys 7 World titles so thats arguably the only challenge left before he retires.

Winning a few more UK's,Masters,Rankers is more like an extra bonus now.
Last edited by TheRocket on 15 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You could even say its only the World Championship now. Not even the other big events. He broke every record bar equalling/breaking Hendrys 7 World titles so thats arguably the only challenge left before he retires.

Winning a few more UK's,Masters,Rankers is more like an extra bonus now.

Winning a few more ranking events will only make it much harder for someone like Judd Trump to beat the ranking event record, but yes World Champs is all it matters.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm assuming Higgins vs Ding will be on the main tv table on Eurosport this evening.

It had bucking better be. I don’t care what time it is in China! <laugh>