Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Last 64 !!!

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ding always seems to get short shrift from Eurosport compared to other players, when it comes to TV matches.

I wonder if his broken English is a factor as the post match interviews can be a bit awkward. I don’t see any other reason why you’d put the Murphy match on TV ahead of Ding Brecel, for example.

They tend to prioritise the Ronnie and Judd matches for the 7pm matches on Eurosport

But you're right, there's no reason why Ding can't get the following match this evening? Is he not on TV at all? Very, very strange decision if so.

He was on tv in the evening, you idiots! His match has finished. Thankfully it won't be shown in the middle of the night like the Murphy game. Murphy comes on at 2am, when most folk are asleep. Great decision if you ask me.

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ding always seems to get short shrift from Eurosport compared to other players, when it comes to TV matches.

I wonder if his broken English is a factor as the post match interviews can be a bit awkward. I don’t see any other reason why you’d put the Murphy match on TV ahead of Ding Brecel, for example.

They tend to prioritise the Ronnie and Judd matches for the 7pm matches on Eurosport

But you're right, there's no reason why Ding can't get the following match this evening? Is he not on TV at all? Very, very strange decision if so.

He was on tv in the evening, you idiots! His match has finished. Thankfully it won't be shown in the middle of the night like the Murphy game. Murphy comes on at 2am, when most folk are asleep. Great decision if you ask me.

It could also be because of the Chinese time, true.

But isn’t Ronnie also a huge snooker star in China? Plus it’s Eurosport, not Chinasport.

Ding-Brecel’s probably the tie of the round and they stick him on in the morning before proper coverage starts?

Postby HappyCamper

mack501 wrote:Who was the first Chinese player to appear on a televised stage of a ranking tournament?

there is a never ending quiz thread please use it.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:What time does the tournament resume this evening? 7pm?

Yes but best to say 2am China time or Chengdufan will call us idiots again.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What time does the tournament resume this evening? 7pm?

Yes but best to say 2am China time or Chengdufan will call us idiots again.

I can't believe Youku are showing this Trump Yuan match so late. What were they thinking? Just incredible ineptitude really that they didn't put it on earlier. I've got work in the morning!

Postby D4P

No 50+ breaks so far in the Judd-Yuan match, with neither player scoring more than 68 points in a frame. Not often you see a frame won with a score as low as 47...