Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live English Open last 128 !!!

Postby SteveJJ

Disputed free ball decision.

Apparently all kicked off in the press conference. Gilbert accused McLeod of always trying to intimidate people and McLeod saying that Gilbert's etiquette during the match was bad.

The new McGill v Clarke/Allen v Joyce?

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:Disputed free ball decision.

Apparently all kicked off in the press conference. Gilbert accused McLeod of always trying to intimidate people and McLeod saying that Gilbert's etiquette during the match was bad.

:fence: :bags:

Postby Iranu

Brendon Moore confirming on Twitter that the referee checked and it wasn’t a free ball.

It looks like it is from the TV angle but the ref decided differently, but why the buck is McLeod having a go at Gilbert for the ref’s decision?

Postby badtemperedcyril

I think what got Rory's goat up was that he wanted them to check from the side of the table, i.e. from where the black was but neither Referee or Dave were having any of it.

Interesting point though... if you cant place a ball next to the "ball on" in the direction of the cue-ball, does that not make it a free ball? In this you couldn't because the black ball was in the way.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:I think what got Rory's goat up was that he wanted them to check from the side of the table, i.e. from where the black was but neither Referee or Dave were having any of it.

Interesting point though... if you cant place a ball next to the "ball on" in the direction of the cue-ball, does that not make it a free ball? In this you couldn't because the black ball was in the way.

So when Moore said the ref checked, did he not put a ball next to the green?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Fight fight fight!

This is more Herbie Hide v Percell Davis than Arturo Gatti-Micky Ward :irk:

I have no idea who these people are

He's talking about boxing.

This is how I feel when people starting discussing tennis half-way through a snooker match.

Postby SnookerFan

Did Gilbert win?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Did Gilbert win?

No, McLeod’s mind games were successful.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Did Gilbert win?

No, McLeod’s mind games were successful.

Aaah man.

I like Gilbert.

Postby HappyCamper

badtemperedcyril wrote:I think what got Rory's goat up was that he wanted them to check from the side of the table, i.e. from where the black was but neither Referee or Dave were having any of it.

The ref could and did place a ball to check.

https://twitter.com/OOCSnooker/status/1 ... 27842?s=20