Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live English Open last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I think what got Rory's goat up was that he wanted them to check from the side of the table, i.e. from where the black was but neither Referee or Dave were having any of it.

Interesting point though... if you cant place a ball next to the "ball on" in the direction of the cue-ball, does that not make it a free ball? In this you couldn't because the black ball was in the way.

The ref could and did place a ball to check.

https://twitter.com/OOCSnooker/status/1 ... 27842?s=20

This is all Gilbert's fault. :grrr:

Postby badtemperedcyril

HappyCamper wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I think what got Rory's goat up was that he wanted them to check from the side of the table, i.e. from where the black was but neither Referee or Dave were having any of it.

Interesting point though... if you cant place a ball next to the "ball on" in the direction of the cue-ball, does that not make it a free ball? In this you couldn't because the black ball was in the way.

The ref could and did place a ball to check.

https://twitter.com/OOCSnooker/status/1 ... 27842?s=20

Thanks - I hadn't seen that picture previously.

Looking at that, you'd have to say the referee is correct = no free ball <ok>

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Duane vs Jamie, in a Battle Of The Joneses.

Also, Jak Jones is also playing at the moment.

It's hard to keep up with them...

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:
Iranu wrote:Dale seems to be cueing quite nicely from what I’ve seen.

Which shop is he in?

Admittedly at that point I’d only seen him play about two shots <laugh> but one of them was a fabulous long red!

Postby Iranu

So Oliver Lines tests negative on Sunday, wins on Monday, then has to withdraw because his dad tests positive on Monday and they spent time together on Saturday.

I understand that the virus can take a few days to show as positive on tests, no issue with that.

But why the buck didn’t they test them both at the same time since presumably they travelled up together? They must have known that if one would need to withdraw the other would too.

Postby The_Abbott

Iranu wrote:So Oliver Lines tests negative on Sunday, wins on Monday, then has to withdraw because his dad tests positive on Monday and they spent time together on Saturday.

I understand that the virus can take a few days to show as positive on tests, no issue with that.

But why the buck didn’t they test them both at the same time since presumably they travelled up together? They must have known that if one would need to withdraw the other would too.

That's called Common Sense Iranu which is sadly lacking from authorities.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:monika, the marker, has rescued the spider!

I'm like Ben Williams, kill it on the spot, I'm also a bit terrified by them.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:spider!

Strange looking spider too.

Just a house spider. Strangely, there was a spider in my dream last night. Usually I have nightmares about wasps, my real phobia.

Anyway...

Apparently house spiders aren’t capable of getting their venom into human skin. So they’re pretty harmless to us. False Widows though, they’ll get you. Had them living in my blue bin a couple of years ago. Little hammers.